Can't get strut/shocks to go back in place

hellfire127

Reaction score
i meant the bar in the pic w some red paint on it. i can't tell with that link's picture. and it's hard getting to that bolt with the tools.

hellfire127

Reaction score
alright, was wondering why i couldn get the screw off, the allen wrench input was in front of the bolt.

xi0utlawstarix

Reaction score
i didnt mess with the endlinks

just remove the swaybar holder
IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0030-1.jpg

and this bracket right here
IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

well good luck...time to put my summer tires back on

hellfire127

Reaction score
it's really hard to take that screw off the endlinks, i'll try the swapbar holder. can you verify how many screws for that? i only see one in the first pic, is there a second in the second picture?

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
the endlinks arent too bad, theyre one bolt, but depending on the corrosion theyll be easy or a pain in the ***. i had to cut one of my old ones off, which isnt anything crazy with 6g's haha. thats like standard operation. but to take them off the way theyre designed, you have to put a wrench on the nut and then an allen key in the hole in the bolt, which is on the same side as the nut...which is incredibly stupid haha. thanks honda.

if you cant get the endlink off, and you dont want to cut it, you could also do it the way pictured above.​

YoungxNutkase

Reaction score
r u doing it by urself?? if so u need anoother person to help out...they need to step on it and try to put there whole body weight on the rotor or drum to get it down

hellfire127

Reaction score
yeah, my friend is prob busy and it's really really impossible for endlinks on my car right now. i can't get it to budge after the screw is almost out at the end.

BUT I FINALLY GOT IT OUT!!! THANK YOU xi0utlawstarix!!!! The sway bar method was great! And I also didn't completely remove screw near the endlink so that made it hard to move the bracket further.

Somebody should write a guide for the 6th gen accord and sticky it to the suspension thread. the Filtsai one didn't have enough details for the rear, and i haven't even done the front :-/ nor the left rear, eh....

dcmystery21

Reaction score
if you have both rear wheels off of the ground, you dont need to mess with the sway bar at all. im guessing you tried this with just that side off the ground?

Back