Can't get strut/shocks to go back in place

redlinevtec

Reaction score
phew, finally got both rears put in. wasn't as bad when i figured out how to take the rears out. the sway bar method was definitely the solution. i had both rears lifted up and still couldn't get the 2nd one out without removing the sway bar bracket. thanks

also, these tein ss seem to sit about the same or little bit lower than my eibach pro that i just took out. they're adjusted to the highest height settings with oem damper setting according to redlinevtec who sold them to me already assembled and adjusted with the top hats. i got these in order to prevent the rears from rubbing but looks like they may still rub with them being this low. will prob have to get the correct wheels. i'll put up some pics later to show you guys. got to work now...and speaking of that...

IS IT OK TO DRIVE FOR LITTLE BIT WITH THE BACK BEING TEIN SS AND FRONT BEING EIBACH?

I wont have time until tonight to put the fronts in :-/

Never said they were at max height. Said they were almost at max drop. Re-read the PM's. Very easy to fix.

thats the lowest setting buddy and the idiot who told u it was at max height lied ..thats max drop
:rly:
nvm...

Last edited:

hellfire127

Reaction score
Never said they were at max height. Said they were almost at max drop. Re-read the PM's. Very easy to fix.

:rly:
nvm...

yeah i read the PM's again lol. it didn't really say max drop. just say height adjustment then max haha. thought it was at max height and not drop. but yeah really easy fix, i just didn't want to adjust anything cause i wanted close to max height with oem damper.

would you happen to still have the manual redlinevtec? and these coilovers put my eibach to shame lol. i could feel a difference in the rear already. need to do the front soon.

redlinevtec

Reaction score
yeah i read the PM's again lol. it didn't really say max drop. just say height adjustment then max haha. thought it was at max height and not drop. but yeah really easy fix, i just didn't want to adjust anything cause i wanted close to max height with oem damper.

would you happen to still have the manual redlinevtec? and these coilovers put my eibach to shame lol. i could feel a difference in the rear already. need to do the front soon.

No, sorry I don't. :/

Check to see if Tein has any PDF instructions on their website. Good luck!

99accord boi

Reaction score

imma have to agree with the noob
then again redline ur a noob too:hide:

sabSquishy

Reaction score
When I did my coils I had to stand on the rotor and put my hands on the ceiling to push down. Keep trying and bring a friend over.

hellfire127

Reaction score
^^thanks, i did it myself already. my friend was too busy and i have waited too long for him to help me. just decided to put them in myself.

ok, the rears are already done and so is the front driver's side :)

But i may have a problem here. i didn't see that one of the fronts had a broken screw on the top. this screw goes to one of the sway bars. do i have a problem here?

i got this from the seller like this, i didn't break it. i put the good front one on the driver's side. i'm planning to put this broken screw one on the passenger side right now.

here is a pic of the broken screw
brokenscrewpart.jpg

oh and i don't think the front was hard at all. i did it faster than the rear :-/.

thanks guys

Back