Can't get strut/shocks to go back in place

imaricer:)

Reaction score
that broken bolt should be fine as long as the other one is there. which it obviously is.

the fronts are wayyyyyy easier than the rears.

hellfire127

Reaction score
that broken bolt should be fine as long as the other one is there. which it obviously is.

the fronts are wayyyyyy easier than the rears.

i was told the rears were easier lol. even the guide said the rear was easier. man i saved $300-500. i had gotten estimates of $550 to put my eibach on. cheapest for these coilovers install was $300 by somebody on the side.

i guess i should put these eibachs on the sale forum here no?

Reaction score
i was told the rears were easier lol. even the guide said the rear was easier. man i saved $300-500. i had gotten estimates of $550 to put my eibach on. cheapest for these coilovers install was $300 by somebody on the side.

i guess i should put these eibachs on the sale forum here no?

imo the rears were a bish because they are bigger and harder to get out. that and putting them back in and getting them lined up perfect for the bolt to go in. also taking the seat and all that apart.

xi0utlawstarix

Reaction score
the first time you do anything is always the hardest...:boink:

took me 6 hours to do mine with spring/strut :ugh:

hellfire127

Reaction score
alright, i'm having a very very hard time trying to get the fork back into the assembly on the passenger side. is there another way to lower the rotor more? i pushed it all the way down and still cant get it to go in.

Reaction score
alright, i'm having a very very hard time trying to get the fork back into the assembly on the passenger side. is there another way to lower the rotor more? i pushed it all the way down and still cant get it to go in.

put the shock in it, tighten the pinch bolt, put the shock in top hat first, make sure the bolts are all lined up in the holes on top, push down on the rotor line up the fork and slowly let off the rotor till it lines up and slide the bolt thru. make sure the side w the pinch bolt is facing away from you when u put it on.

this is why its easier with two ppl.

hellfire127

Reaction score
put the shock in it, tighten the pinch bolt, put the shock in top hat first, make sure the bolts are all lined up in the holes on top, push down on the rotor line up the fork and slowly let off the rotor till it lines up and slide the bolt thru. make sure the side w the pinch bolt is facing away from you when u put it on.

this is why its easier with two ppl.

i may have tried that method, it just wont go down far enough for me to slide the shock into the fork.

i tried putting the fork in first, then slide the shock top hat in and screwed some screws on. then i pushed down on the rotor and tried to put the shock into the fork hole.

Reaction score
my bad

with the fork and shock out of the car, put the shock in and tighten the pinch bolt. then follow the steps i posted above.

hellfire127

Reaction score
my bad

with the fork and shock out of the car, put the shock in and tighten the pinch bolt. then follow the steps i posted above.

it's still a bit confusing.

so when you said the pinch bolt, you are talking about the pinch bolt on the fork? i tried putting the fork in first and last. both methods didn't work.

Back