P1259 cel, No vtec yo:[

Frisky Arab

Reaction score
I got the same issue dude. Checked my vtec solenoid and it's fine. I'm losing a ton of oil weekly yet it's not dripping on the ground. It's going to the shop Monday to be checked out

Idk whats wrong yet. Got my oil changed and the problem is still there. The idiot at the shop cleared my cel, but I can still hear the ticking that was there before. If you figure anything out please let me know what I can check.

Frisky Arab

Reaction score
Have you checked the VTEC screen? Those commonly get clogged and need to be replaced or cleaned.

Damn I thought you were just trollin' when you said this. Just found out this is an actual part that may need cleaning. My apologies

cirsurvive711

Reaction score
I thought mine needed cleaning but it didn't. Got my car back today and they said they could not find any oil leak. I also got my new catalytic converter installed by them, perhaps that could have caused the issue. We'll see if the light ever returns...

Frisky Arab

Reaction score
I thought mine needed cleaning but it didn't. Got my car back today and they said they could not find any oil leak. I also got my new catalytic converter installed by them, perhaps that could have caused the issue. We'll see if the light ever returns...

So they changed your cat and it fixed the problem? Damn maybe I should check that cuz I just installed a cat back exhaust recently and maybe I did something wrong. Thanks for the help man.

cirsurvive711

Reaction score
Well it's been 24 hours now, oil level is good, no p1259 or low oil pressure light. I was running with a bad cat for almost 6 months lol we'll see if this solves this issue. BTW, my car gained SO much power back with the new cat haha

Frisky Arab

Reaction score
Well it's been 24 hours now, oil level is good, no p1259 or low oil pressure light. I was running with a bad cat for almost 6 months lol we'll see if this solves this issue. BTW, my car gained SO much power back with the new cat haha

I think I found my solution too. Last time I did an oil change I think I bought the wrong oil grade which clogged my vtec solenoid screen. Oil changed and screen clean, now the problem has gone away. Lets hope it doesn't return.

BTW, correct me if i'm wrong, but don't catalytic converters rob power from your car? Thought that was the case, but i'm not sure. If it has really gained power then I must have been incorrectly informed.

cirsurvive711

Reaction score
I think I found my solution too. Last time I did an oil change I think I bought the wrong oil grade which clogged my vtec solenoid screen. Oil changed and screen clean, now the problem has gone away. Lets hope it doesn't return.

BTW, correct me if i'm wrong, but don't catalytic converters rob power from your car? Thought that was the case, but i'm not sure. If it has really gained power then I must have been incorrectly informed.

Once my cat got messed up / rattled obnoxiously, my car lost so much power. It would struggle up hills, just didn't have the "pep" it used to have you know? Not to mention this bad cat was giving me 20mpg -_-

Frisky Arab

Reaction score
Once my cat got messed up / rattled obnoxiously, my car lost so much power. It would struggle up hills, just didn't have the "pep" it used to have you know? Not to mention this bad cat was giving me 20mpg -_-

Yeah I know what you mean. And unfortunatlly my problem is back. Gonna do a valve adjustment today, and see what else I can get done. If its not fixed after this then idk what i'm gonna do.

Back