Please Some One Help Me Now!!!!!!

Sexi4draccord

Reaction score
So Idk Wth Is Wrong With My Car Its Drivin Me Nuts!!!!!

Its A Weird Noise Coming From The Belt And If I Press The Accelerator It Gets Louder,My Boy Tells Me Its Probly The Pulley Of My Alternator But Im Not Sure Wat It Is Can Some One Help Me.....Also If I Turn My Ac On It Get Alot Louder........Will Post A Video Wen I Find How To Do It

Thank You Guys In Advance!

001Stunna

Reaction score
Do u really think its the Ac belt? Cuz it sounds with the Ac off

To my understanding both belts (p/s and ac) spin with the engine running. Hence your noise would occur when the A/C is off as well. When was the last time you changed your belts? If it was more then 2-3 years ago they'd prob be due for a changing either way.

Sexi4draccord

Reaction score
Since i got the car i havent changed them so i will do that tomorrow wen i get paid...the noise is so annoying im in a red light nd everyone just stares...lol

001Stunna

Reaction score
Since i got the car i havent changed them so i will do that tomorrow wen i get paid...the noise is so annoying im in a red light nd everyone just stares...lol
You can try applying some belt dressing to the a/c belt and see if the noise goes away, if it does or becomes quieter then you've confirmed your problem.
You can try tightening it as well if it's somehow gotten loose and slipping.

However if you haven't changed them in a while spending 15$ on changing them is not a big cost.

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
i would think also that it is one of your pulleys...but if i heard it i could probably tell you for sure...is it worse upon start up?

Sexi4draccord

Reaction score
I had the prob bfore but then it went away it wasnt as loud as now but its crazy loud now if u could show me how to post video here from my phone

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
maybe upload to youtube or photobucket on ur phone...then post the url here

i've had an alternator pulley that would make a loud screech at start up and then go away when it got up to speed. eventually it got worse and did it while driving...locked up the pulley. the belt dragging on it broke a bolt off the alternator and tossed the belt. needed new bolt, belt, and pulley and it was all good.

Back