Car in sluggish mode??

4door accord02

Reaction score
I was driving home from today and I went to accelerate and my car had no pickup whatsoever, it felt really sluggish.Engine liht was flashing so I pulled over to check oil and and for leaks..oil was fie and there didnt seen to be leaking....

Car seems like it goin to shut off when in neutral??? Tommorow Im going see what cel Im getting and start from there I guess....does this sound like the VTEC SOleNIOID MALFUNCTION?? I only would get that code when I was low on oil.But i just did oil change on friday???:thinking:

kwak123

Teehee
Reaction score
define "no pickup"? like lag in acceleration? check the CEL, it's very difficult to diagnose with that few details

jwong512

Reaction score
Engine misfire.

Agreed. When the CEL flashes, that's exactly what happens. I would run an OBD2 scanner asap and I wouldn't drive it like that. It's not good for the car and hopefully it's either a bad spark plug, spark plug wire, or dizzy cap.

Carlos28

Reaction score
Something similar happened to me over the weekend. CEL kept flashing. TCS light turned on and stayed on. All cylinders kept misfiring but one. It came down to one of the ignition coils. Unplugged it, replaced it; problem fixed.

gsrteg

Reaction score
Same issue happened to me this pass weekend. I had just done an oil change using Castrol Fully Synthetic 10w40 (gold bottle) and Fram oil filter. I usually just use regular Castrol 10w40 (white bottle). I also used Seafoam (2/3 in my gas tank, and 1/3 in my brake booster line leading into the intake manifold). Afterwards, my car felt kinda sluggish too, and loss of power. Not sure if it was the type of oil or the Seafoam, but my engine light came on too. I'll figure out what code it is, and let you know. So we can see if both our issues are the same. I also gotta check my oil level, if i remembered i poured a little more than i usually do (closer to the 2nd dot on the dip stick).

jwong512

Reaction score
Same issue happened to me this pass weekend. I had just done an oil change using Castrol Fully Synthetic 10w40 (gold bottle) and Fram oil filter. I usually just use regular Castrol 10w40 (white bottle). I also used Seafoam (2/3 in my gas tank, and 1/3 in my brake booster line leading into the intake manifold). Afterwards, my car felt kinda sluggish too, and loss of power. Not sure if it was the type of oil or the Seafoam, but my engine light came on too. I'll figure out what code it is, and let you know. So we can see if both our issues are the same. I also gotta check my oil level, if i remembered i poured a little more than i usually do (closer to the 2nd dot on the dip stick).

You're usually supposed to change out your spark plugs right after seafoaming through the intake manifold. Otherwise, all that gunk you just cleaned out pretty much got stuck on your spark plugs and they're not firing properly.

4door accord02

Reaction score
I got codes p1399 and p1259... Changed out my spark plugs first .. Car still seems to be pretty weak when running in neutral almost as if it's about to shut off.. I'm guessing know this could be the vtech solenoid ???

Back