01 MDX block compat. with 05 TL 6 speed?

98V6Accord

Reaction score
Swapping and converting my 98 accord.

I have mdx block/cl type s heads/rl pistons/j37 im

The transmission I was able to get a hold of was an 05 TL 6 speed...is this a direct bolt up? Different bell housing? Can it be custom fabricated?

Thanks ahead!

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
Swapping and converting my 98 accord.

I have mdx block/cl type s heads/rl pistons/j37 im

The transmission I was able to get a hold of was an 05 TL 6 speed...is this a direct bolt up? Different bell housing? Can it be custom fabricated?

Thanks ahead!

Its a J35, it should bolt up. I'm about 90% sure

98V6Accord

Reaction score
Its a J35, it should bolt up. I'm about 90% sure

Alright thank you. I was a bit concerned. Swapping in a few months. It's been about 5 years in the making lol.

I'm thinking about Aem ems 2 standalone for the computer....would you recommend anything else?

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
Alright thank you. I was a bit concerned. Swapping in a few months. It's been about 5 years in the making lol.

I'm thinking about Aem ems 2 standalone for the computer....would you recommend anything else?

AEM will be your best bet, especially Series 2. It's on the expensive size though, but it'll save you headache, wiring, and time. If my setup doesn't work with my ECU, I'll be going AEM standalone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
AEM will be your best bet, especially Series 2. It's on the expensive size though, but it'll save you headache, wiring, and time. If my setup doesn't work with my ECU, I'll be going AEM standalone. And I understand the process. I thought had all my parts, but I said that five months ago. Little stuff adds up, just remember that. My motor/trans is out and I'm still buying parts.

Sent from my iPhone

98V6Accord

Reaction score
I'm gonna start in a month or so. Maybe a donor civic for some conversion parts would help. Should be fun!

Back