Catalytic Converter

BBMF00accord

Reaction score
looking to buy a functioning catalytic converter. not looking to spend a rediculous amount. if anyone has one or knows where i can get a new one for a good price lmk

mkdb89-02se

Reaction score
oem is expensive and i wldnt buy used, or aftermarket oe, i dnt recommend because they seem to fail after like 3 months, magnaflow highflow seems to be tha beast choice if ur into that, otherwise oem is tha way to go

Ch1R

Reaction score
Oem one for ULEV is $1000 from the dealer, so what i used was magnaflow high flow ill pm you the link.

mkdb89-02se

Reaction score
i bought a davico catalytic converter off ebay not too long ago, works fine.

as u say not to long ago, my good freind from high school has beein working at honda for about 2 years now, i ask most common mech issue
could u have guessed it was a o2 code for busted cat
he also says that 9-10 the cat was just replace with a aftermarket

to be honest i hope it last for u,
catcoverters are a pain in the *** if u ask me, always put you in a spot were ur so easly able to make the coice for a aftermarket one.

dam it honda y do they gotta be so expensive lol

J30MAN

Reaction score
A high flow cat won't change the exhaust note on a stock system will it? If not I'll go magnaflow when the time comes.

Nguyen916

Reaction score
so far i found that tas auto is by far the cheapest but doesn't meet California emission which sucks so it looks like imma have to get oem or magna which is gonna be a ton of cash for a poor old college student.

BBMF00accord

Reaction score
is the o2 sensor on the magnaflow in the middle of the unit? i have a spun cat i picked up but it doesnt make sense getting it welded up because ill still throw a code since the o2 is behind the cat...i am NOT spending 1000 dollars on a cat..NJ inspection only consists of emissions..pretty much as long as theres no CEL or no codes i should be fine

i saw the one from TASauto but i dont get if it wont FIT or it wont work for an extended period of time

Back