VSS wire

02accordcoupe

Reaction score
I am hooking up a new navi and I need to know where the VSS Wire is coming off the ECU. I have an Automatic tranny. What I am finding says it is the C23 slot, but there is no wire in that slot. I have the VSS out wire, would that work, or would I need the VSS IN, wire? I would like to get this all hooked up before a clean it all up. Thanks in advance!

dharding413

Keep it simple.
Reaction score
If you pull out your gauge cluster, it's on the right wire harness I believe. I could try to get a picture if you need me to.

Detailed directions for removing your cluster can be found in the LED cluster swap threads. There's two screws in the top of the black trim piece, pull that out, and then there are 4 more screws holding in the cluster. Tilt it forward and pull it out, then you can reach the wire harnesses

02accordcoupe

Reaction score
If you pull out your gauge cluster, it's on the right wire harness I believe. I could try to get a picture if you need me to.

Detailed directions for removing your cluster can be found in the LED cluster swap threads. There's two screws in the top of the black trim piece, pull that out, and then there are 4 more screws holding in the cluster. Tilt it forward and pull it out, then you can reach the wire harnesses

I don't think I'm up for removing the cluster just to hook up that wire. trying to hook it from the ECU.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
The cluster would be very very easy. The ecu is in such a tight area with sooooo many wires, it would be harder to work with.

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
ecu is tucked up behind the middle of the lower dash its hard to get to and bolted to the floor, not to mention theres a TON of wires down there. the cluster can be pulled out in 5 minutes as long as you know how to use a screw driver. plus you can grab some cheap LED's and do the LED swap on the cluster while your in there.

Ocho

Reaction score
Ya I hooked up my NAV speed sensor to the blue white wire on the far right harness! Thanks for that info!!

Back