Go Back   6th Gen Accord DIY and Performance Forums > The Garage > Car Audio & Electronics

Register to remove these ads


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 05-15-2017, 11:55 AM
Clonerenolc Clonerenolc is offline
Member
Points: 3,317, Level: 16 Points: 3,317, Level: 16 Points: 3,317, Level: 16
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Chicago south side
Posts: 93
Rep Power: 12
Clonerenolc is an unknown quantity at this point
Member Photo Albums
Stereo keeps turning off after a hour drive & check engine light pops out

TRUST ME I BEEN LOOKING FOR ANSWERS FOR A WHILE BUT CANT SEEM TO FIND A SOLUTION

3TH TIME INSTALLING SUBS YET THIS TIME I CANT SEEM TO GET IT TOGETHER

THE AMP IS CONNECTED PROPERLY GROUND IS ALSO , I WILL POST PICTURES WHEN IM OFF WORK , I HAVE A JVC KD330 STEREO & ITS TURNING OF THE ONLY THING IM CURIOUS ITS WHAT WIRE DO I CONNECT THE BLUE(POWER) FROM THE AMP TO STEREO ,I BELIEVE THE WIRING FROM THE AFTERMARKET STERO SHOULD BE A BLUE/WHITE

IF ANY ONE CAN GUIDE ME TO SOME ANSWERS PLEASE LMK THANKS IN ADVANCE

Last edited by Clonerenolc; 05-15-2017 at 07:52 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-15-2017, 03:41 PM
604ACCORD 604ACCORD is offline
Senior Member
Points: 7,488, Level: 25 Points: 7,488, Level: 25 Points: 7,488, Level: 25
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 586
Rep Power: 25
604ACCORD is more helpful than most
Member Photo Albums
Re: Stereo keeps turning off after a hour drive

Blue or blue/wht wire is remote wire (amp turn on) if there is 2 one is for power antenna which our cars do not have. Be carful not to ground that remote wire or you will fry the internal amp on your head unit. Just google model number of your deck for wiring diagram. If your head unit keeps turning off after a bit might be over heating or you have a grounding issue.

Here wiring is here
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/43...c-Kd-R330.html
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-15-2017, 06:03 PM
dawg316's Avatar
dawg316 dawg316 is offline
Senior Member
Points: 1,070, Level: 8 Points: 1,070, Level: 8 Points: 1,070, Level: 8
Activity: 19% Activity: 19% Activity: 19%
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: canada
Posts: 145
Rep Power: 3
dawg316 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Stereo keeps turning off after a hour drive

amp turn on wire car can go to switch 12 v. i usualy put it on the solid blue or you can also tap / splice it into the Red 12v key on wire

when your head unit turns it self on. can you turn the key off and back on the dose it power back up?

sounds like its going into protect mode.

how often dose this happen. how long do u have to wait before the radio turns back on

will it happen when bumping music lowdley or regular/quietly

dose it happen every time after an hour or only some days?



all this info matters, more info you give us the better / correct of an awnser your gonna get
__________________

SOLD: 1994 EG sedan boosted 10 psi 185hp/170lb.tq
Currrent: 2000 Accord coupe h22a4 swaped ( new wheels coming soon)
Subscribe to my youtube: Wrenchlife 604 * Click red letters to view *
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-15-2017, 07:51 PM
Clonerenolc Clonerenolc is offline
Member
Points: 3,317, Level: 16 Points: 3,317, Level: 16 Points: 3,317, Level: 16
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Chicago south side
Posts: 93
Rep Power: 12
Clonerenolc is an unknown quantity at this point
Member Photo Albums
Re: Stereo keeps turning off after a hour drive

Originally Posted by 604ACCORD View Post
Blue or blue/wht wire is remote wire (amp turn on) if there is 2 one is for power antenna which our cars do not have. Be carful not to ground that remote wire or you will fry the internal amp on your head unit. Just google model number of your deck for wiring diagram. If your head unit keeps turning off after a bit might be over heating or you have a grounding issue.

Here wiring is here
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/43...c-Kd-R330.html
Forgot to mention the radio shuts off after an hour or so from bumping and the check engine light comes out I cant remember code but sure it read alternator failing , I erased the code and removed the power so no sounds till I figure out whats wrong ,ill upload pictures soon maybe I connected something wrong

& yes check engine light hasn't turned on since I disconnected the sounds & drives perfect

appreciate the fast response thanks!

Last edited by Clonerenolc; 05-15-2017 at 08:01 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-15-2017, 08:22 PM
Clonerenolc Clonerenolc is offline
Member
Points: 3,317, Level: 16 Points: 3,317, Level: 16 Points: 3,317, Level: 16
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Chicago south side
Posts: 93
Rep Power: 12
Clonerenolc is an unknown quantity at this point
Member Photo Albums
Re: Stereo keeps turning off after a hour drive & check engine light pops out



Ground good






Last edited by Clonerenolc; 05-15-2017 at 08:54 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-15-2017, 09:14 PM
Clonerenolc Clonerenolc is offline
Member
Points: 3,317, Level: 16 Points: 3,317, Level: 16 Points: 3,317, Level: 16
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Chicago south side
Posts: 93
Rep Power: 12
Clonerenolc is an unknown quantity at this point
Member Photo Albums
Re: Stereo keeps turning off after a hour drive

Originally Posted by dawg316 View Post
amp turn on wire car can go to switch 12 v. i usualy put it on the solid blue or you can also tap / splice it into the Red 12v key on wire

when your head unit turns it self on. can you turn the key off and back on the dose it power back up?

sounds like its going into protect mode.

how often dose this happen. how long do u have to wait before the radio turns back on

will it happen when bumping music lowdley or regular/quietly

dose it happen every time after an hour or only some days?



all this info matters, more info you give us the better / correct of an awnser your gonna get

I just installed the sounds 2days ago and hasn't work ever since , only happen to me once as soon as the check engine light when on I removed the power of the amp , so off

Loud or soft it will still turn off , only the stereo car stays on amp stays on
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-15-2017, 09:54 PM
dawg316's Avatar
dawg316 dawg316 is offline
Senior Member
Points: 1,070, Level: 8 Points: 1,070, Level: 8 Points: 1,070, Level: 8
Activity: 19% Activity: 19% Activity: 19%
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: canada
Posts: 145
Rep Power: 3
dawg316 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Stereo keeps turning off after a hour drive

Originally Posted by Clonerenolc View Post
Forgot to mention the radio shuts off after an hour or so from bumping and the check engine light comes out I cant remember code but sure it read alternator failing , I erased the code and removed the power so no sounds till I figure out whats wrong ,ill upload pictures soon maybe I connected something wrong

& yes check engine light hasn't turned on since I disconnected the sounds & drives perfect

appreciate the fast response thanks!

Start there before anything. you know an amplifier and subs draw mad power. you monitor your volatage to see what its like while driving or bumping music an hour straight ?

voltage at idle should be rought 13v. driving should be lets say 13.5-14.5 volts


How many RMS is your subs and amps ?
what brand and model number. ?

sounds like too much current being drawn

notice any headlight flickering ?
__________________

SOLD: 1994 EG sedan boosted 10 psi 185hp/170lb.tq
Currrent: 2000 Accord coupe h22a4 swaped ( new wheels coming soon)
Subscribe to my youtube: Wrenchlife 604 * Click red letters to view *
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-15-2017, 10:02 PM
Clonerenolc Clonerenolc is offline
Member
Points: 3,317, Level: 16 Points: 3,317, Level: 16 Points: 3,317, Level: 16
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Chicago south side
Posts: 93
Rep Power: 12
Clonerenolc is an unknown quantity at this point
Member Photo Albums
Re: Stereo keeps turning off after a hour drive & check engine light pops out

Glad you asked , not so good whit this whole sound system stuff , but have 2 12in p2 punch w/ punch 900watt amp

My main concern was installing everything right so Im assuming everything looks good. Correct ?

No headlight flickering

Last edited by Clonerenolc; 05-15-2017 at 10:17 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-16-2017, 04:48 PM
604ACCORD 604ACCORD is offline
Senior Member
Points: 7,488, Level: 25 Points: 7,488, Level: 25 Points: 7,488, Level: 25
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 586
Rep Power: 25
604ACCORD is more helpful than most
Member Photo Albums
Re: Stereo keeps turning off after a hour drive & check engine light pops out

Are the subs DVC if so make sure you running the proper ohms that your amp can handle, also test your alternator and batt to make sure you have proper voltage.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-17-2017, 11:49 PM
Clonerenolc Clonerenolc is offline
Member
Points: 3,317, Level: 16 Points: 3,317, Level: 16 Points: 3,317, Level: 16
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Chicago south side
Posts: 93
Rep Power: 12
Clonerenolc is an unknown quantity at this point
Member Photo Albums
Re: Stereo keeps turning off after a hour drive & check engine light pops out

So I had a buddy of mines that's really good at installs check it out , said my amp was ****ty 900watt punch pretty old school , so Till I get a better amp I will update you guys , so far the system it's out and the car continues to drive perfect thanks everyone for the help though
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


» Featured Ride
CHECK OUT THIS WEEK'S FEATURED RIDE!



Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3