leather turning green?

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
well, i just realized tht my tan leather is turning light green on the passanger side seat.... i tried using leather cleaner to get it off, but nothing! still green! so, here's my question:

1. wtf happened? tht's the only seat tht's turning green... could it be my gf's obsession with body lotion and hand cream? she always put some sunblock or body lotion in the car... could it be tht she rubbed some on the seats and the seat turned green after some exposure to the sun?

2. how the hell do i get rid of it?

Spyder

Reaction score
I only have a possible answer for #1 and it is that someone riding shotgun had green pants on and they bled into the leather.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
^^it's not on the bottom part of the seat tho... it's on the top part

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
Spyder said:
I only have a possible answer for #1 and it is that someone riding shotgun had green pants on and they bled into the leather.

that would have been my guess too.

was there a green towel on the back of the seat or something? dunno, sounds like a bleeding thing to me too, and i have no clue how you'd get something like that out if indeed its from an ink bleed

Browntown

Reaction score
I would guess that your girls lotions, sprays, and all that other crap they put on, probably had a reaction with the leather.... that sucks:( . Go to a furniture or upholstery shop and ask about it..... that's what I'd do.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
sounds like color fast to me..Lotions, perfumes, sun screens etc. will do it sometimes. lol I was going to say sounds like someone hoped into your car with still damp clothes from the dryer because my buddy hoped in his older caddy with slightly damp blue jeans in a rush one day and it literally dyed the leather a light blue wherever the jeans touched..I see it happen alot on kids shoes also cheap jeans + dampness = blue dyed sneakers

Back