coupe rear lip on sedan rear?

Shadow1

Reaction score
Been looking around and can't really find anything on it.

Would I be able to fit the OEM coupe lip on my 01 sedan with little to no modification? I want a rear lip but don't want anything extreme. Been looking at the OEM rear lip and its what I'm looking to get. But I can't find any for the sedan.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That's because they didn't make one for the sedans. You could buy one from Ebay which is "oem type" or something from BaysonR or find one and modify it but I don't think it'll work.

blackcord

Reaction score
It is doable. but you have to cut it in the middle and extend it a bit.

Someone on torontoaccords.com did it a while ago. I might do this one day with a BaysonR replica. I hope.

1996304787_a4b1c7f294_o.jpg

1996304183_c71a5704c7_o.jpg

Shadow1

Reaction score
Dern. Might have to go with the Mugen style one then. Just wanted to have the OEM style one. Might go with the BaysonR one instead tho. I'm sure I could find a way to extend it tho.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
That sedan above belongs to 'Alan', and he did go in to some detail on torontoaccords.com or v6p about what was need to get the lips to fit.

Shadow1

Reaction score
That sedan above belongs to 'Alan', and he did go in to some detail on torontoaccords.com or v6p about what was need to get the lips to fit.

Thanks man. I'll check that out. Just looking for something to complete the rear.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
F/R Coupe lip would probably be easier to mod to fit than the sides, but I would like to see someone give the sides a try as well.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
If you get a fiberglass one, it's pretty easy to extend it. I didn't want to swap to a 98-00 rear bumper on my coupe and though it can fit without modification, I don't think it looks quite right.

Here is what I did:
http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19012&page=5

Not a lot of explanation but it shows the basic idea. I basically cut it in half and taped it in place. I believe I epoxied two finishing nails to keep things from moving on me, can't remember. Put a few layers of fiberglass matt on the backside of the lip to keep it structually sound. I then filled the gap with fiberglass reinforced body filler. I think did one coat of body filler.

Sounds hard but it really wasn't too bad.

blackcord

Reaction score
If you get a fiberglass one, it's pretty easy to extend it. I didn't want to swap to a 98-00 rear bumper on my coupe and though it can fit without modification, I don't think it looks quite right.

Here is what I did:
http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19012&page=5

Not a lot of explanation but it shows the basic idea. I basically cut it in half and taped it in place. I believe I epoxied two finishing nails to keep things from moving on me, can't remember. Put a few layers of fiberglass matt on the backside of the lip to keep it structually sound. I then filled the gap with fiberglass reinforced body filler. I think did one coat of body filler.

Sounds hard but it really wasn't too bad.

If I ever do this, it would be with a Baysonr Polyu replica rear lip. Thanks for the tips. BTW any idea what is the best stuff to use for joining the 2 pieces? Fiberglass or Bondo maybe? Basically what is best that sticks to polyu?

talontsiawd

Reaction score
If I ever do this, it would be with a Baysonr Polyu replica rear lip. Thanks for the tips. BTW any idea what is the best stuff to use for joining the 2 pieces? Fiberglass or Bondo maybe? Basically what is best that sticks to polyu?

I think the "right" way would be to buy two lips, cut the section out of one and "plastic weld" it in. I put that in quotes because it's not plastic but the same technique.

I just don't know how much it will flex. My Baysonr front lip is really thick urethane so I doubt a rear lip would flex much. I think fiberglass and fiberglass filler would be fine. If the lip flexes, it could crack but if it doesn't, it should adhere properly and work. Not the expert on polyurethane, picked fiberglass for a reason in my case.

Back