DIY- LX 5 Lug and Rear Disc Swap

turbo_911

Reaction score
thats called a CL. i know the suspension between the 6gs and 2g tl's/cl's all fits, so idk, id think it would work, but idk for sure.

Yeah, shocks and springs fit, but I don't think brake system will work on 4 cyl, but will work on 6cyl accord.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
Yeah, shocks and springs fit, but I don't think brake system will work on 4 cyl, but will work on 6cyl accord.

n725075089-288918-2774-tm.jpg

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
well, obviously....thats what brakes are after all. im still lost as to how it wouldnt work with a i4 and would work with a v6.

9450erick

Reaction score
cl my bad
yeah i was thinking about doing the 5 lug swap with my i4
so u guys r saying i could use these parts

ebxgsxr

Reaction score
so u guys r saying i could use these parts

so idk, id think it would work, but idk for sure.

why not just get stuff from a junkyard? i went & found some rear spindles off a 2G coupe this past thurs. ill be going back this thurs to find the front, since i forgot my 36mm socket for the axle nut. plus, i figure pulling it myself will give me a better idea on what im doing for the swap. i did order the parking brake cables from the dealer (just wasnt too sure about using the old ones from the junkyard). now i just gotta find some wheels that i want, lol. im kicking around the idea of a set of RSX wheels, but they are only 16's, so that kinda holding me back.

Last edited:

ebxgsxr

Reaction score
ok, i keep reading through this to make sure im not forgetting anything. but i read that the original poster swapped out the proportioning valve. did it make a difference? was it required to make it brake correctly? and you did not have to swap out the master cylinder right?

and as for the proportioning valve, where is it located? thanks.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I didn't swap out the proportioning valve. I said I would, and it's located on the driver's side frame rail. Just follow the brake lines out of the master cyl. It would be beneficial but swap it out, but it's not necessary. I have a 40/40 in my tool box waiting to go in when I redo the brake lines.

Last edited:
Back