Richard's '02 V6 Coupe EX-L

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Re: Sil2DrV6's 2002 Accord Coupe EX-L V6

Very clean thus far! Welcome and keep up the great build.
Thanks! And, thanks again for welcoming me for the second time haha!

Bought the valve core tool from Autozone. Says "remover", but it's the same the as torque tool.
IMAG5065_zps3oym2scf.jpg

Went to get some air at the station (once for all!) to check the rest of the tire 'n tightened them all.

Decided to flatten out this section. It has been bugging me, ever since I had my driver's side door panel replaced, b/c it's making too much contact w/ the weather strip. (That black little thing next to the door lock is the anti-theft auxiliary LED indicator.)
IMAG5066_zpsplb4erpk.jpg

This is the passenger side, in comparison. (Normal.)
IMAG5067_zpsz9aswzwk.jpg

Heated it up 'n hammered it down, but it didn't become flat...
IMAG5068_zpsm96acbad.jpg

Decided to shave it. (Thought it was a butyl rubber piece, but it turned out to be a bare metal.)
IMAG5069_zpskt8gty23.jpg

Didn't have a proper stuff to paint it black atm, so... Sharpie ftw for now lol. (Just realized that I do have a black spray can haha.)
IMAG5070_zps5awyiohi.jpg

Will be ordering the mufflers soon!

Last edited:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

Plasti dipped the upper grille center bar black. Was a good timing to spend a day off on this, while waiting for the mufflers to be delivered in two days.

IMG_0297__zpsrculxjhk.jpg

Cleaned the surface w/ mild soap water.
IMAG5086_zps6un4cthe.jpg

Masked off the desired section with good margin.
IMAG5088_zpssredj5du.jpg

Slid a news paper 'n taped it behind the grille.
IMAG5093_zpsuhdbc5vz.jpg

Didn't have to mask it entirely, but just for the hell of it. Lol
IMAG5094_zpszuzsberu.jpg

First coating. (Very lightly.) 30 min drying time.
IMAG5096_zps5aggpqtm.jpg

Second coating. (Semi-light coat.) 30 min drying time.
IMAG5099_zpskg8p4g2e.jpg

Third coating. (Thick coat.) 40 min drying time.
IMAG5104_zpsh9rsmvfa.jpg

Fourth coating. (Thick coat.) 40 min drying time.
IMAG5106_zpskrmqi2eh.jpg

Fifth coating. (Heavy coat.) 50 min drying time.
IMAG5115_zpsvpluhtxv.jpg

Was kinda bored during the drying time, so I snapped a pic of my garage wall: My decorative collections of the oem parts removal. Lol (Rear bulk head cover, rear center bumper spoiler, and side skirts. Yes, it's a coupe exclusive space!)
IMAG5113_zpsm8hbu8ee.jpg

Also, dipped the license plate fastener caps to match with the smoked plate cover.
IMAG5114_zpsavc89c85.jpg

Incising it carefully.
IMAG5117_zpszra45xbm.jpg

VERY x2 carefully...
IMAG5118_zpsecnpy81h.jpg

Done!
IMAG5120_zps7bmwwdjz.jpg

A little close-up.
IMG_0295__zpshuc8ywmu.jpg

BEFORE:
2bc69d39-76a7-4edf-8453-2ad840e600e6_zpsouehvaru.jpg

AFTER:
IMG_0289__zpsmtxbsaso.jpg

BEFORE:
e8ba85ab-3686-4603-abd5-957edb33410e_zpse5032301.jpg

AFTER:
IMG_0294__zpsakbtvdgt.jpg

BEFORE:
4a19c096-b503-4fca-9f44-3e5733d732b1_zps19a0cae5.jpg

AFTER:
IMG_0298__zpsyfqabx1k.jpg

Hopefully it will hold up for a long time, like my side window trims. It has the thickest coatings I could possibly applied, so we'll see how it can withstand from rock chips.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

Jordan_H

Reaction score

Looks very nice. I had that part on my sedan plastidipped before but since it's black you can't really see it lol. Interested to see how it would look on a lighter color. Car looks amazing as always. Still in love with the black housing design you chose. Everything is very unique and honestly your car gives me an OEM+ feel.

james'99

Reaction score

Got02Accord plastidipped the entire grille black to look similar to the 98-00 coupe. But this is awesome as well! Props buddy! Can't wait to see a new exhaust on it!

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

Car is looking good! Keep it up man! :thumbsup:
Thanks, Derek!

Looks very nice. I had that part on my sedan plastidipped before but since it's black you can't really see it lol. Interested to see how it would look on a lighter color. Car looks amazing as always. Still in love with the black housing design you chose. Everything is very unique and honestly your car gives me an OEM+ feel.
Thank you. Yeah, that would be kinda hard to tell haha. Not too sure if red is considered as light in color, but 1radaccord has his center bar in black. Thanks again. I could have gone w/ the low-gloss paint, but I'm happy w/ my design. Wasn't originally aiming for the OEM+ theme in the beginning, but I guess I like being low-key 'n subtle. :)

Got02Accord plastidipped the entire grille black to look similar to the 98-00 coupe. But this is awesome as well! Props buddy! Can't wait to see a new exhaust on it!
I actually do like the 01-02 coupe upper grille (body-colored) but the colored center bar was bothering me a little, since it wasn't flowing with the lower grille's center bar being black. ← (Once I thought about coloring that section instead, but didn't want it to look like 01-02 sedans.) Thanks! I can't wait either!

Didn't have enough time yesterday but, there will be one more cosmetic work to be done on the grille. It's gonna be VERY subtle, but please stay tuned!

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

Didn't have enough time yesterday but, there will be one more cosmetic work to be done on the grille. It's gonna be VERY subtle, but please stay tuned!
(Here's the super subtle cosmetic work that I couldn't do, when I was dipping the center bar last week.)

Well, my stock upper grille looked "cheap" from my point of view; It's b/c the grille is in one-piece w/ the bumper being '01-'02. To me, the outer frame of the grille looks integrated too much w/ the bumper, and I wanted to sharpen up the trim distinctively.

Bought this piece of black tape, when I was visiting Japan last year. ← (Yea, it's JDM, but nothing special lol. I'm sure our local auto parts stores carry the same kind as well.)
IMG_0313_zpsowiykasf.jpg

Cleaned out the surface and taped it along the line of the trim.
IMG_0314_zpskads5jso.jpg

Didn't have to use the heat gun or anything, since the curve wasn't that sharp.
IMG_0316_zps3cvbyfzj.jpg

It's very hard to tell from the distance, so here's before & after:
IMG_0312_zpsl4hyhkzl.jpg

IMG_0315_zps0anfhy68.jpg

Mounted the front license plate, since it has been a while w/o it, yet not being pulled over. I tightened the bracket too much, so the plate is kinda warped. Lol But I'm finally happy w/ the front-end now. ..., For now. :p
f176b62f-f57b-4810-9c31-1ee38fb15ee6_zpsyqgtxrro.jpg

Well, this is how she sits as of now. Car's dirty, but went out to take a snap anyways.
61f40613-210d-40c4-845e-bb1beea2c968_zpstbapjwmv.jpg

The mufflers will be installed next week. ;)

Last edited:

Varnell

Reaction score

Sometimes I was my car wasn't black so I could blackout the grill. It's a great complement to the lower bumper.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

Sometimes I was my car wasn't black so I could blackout the grill. It's a great complement to the lower bumper.
I wanted a black one, when I was hunting for a CG2, back in '07, b/c it looked so mean 'n aggressive. But I had no luck w/ the black one, since they were all extra high milleage. I'm settled w/ this SSM, and can't be happier now tho. :)

Excited to see the new exhaust!
Alright! Got the exhausts installed! Gonna create a separate post now!

Back