"Big Three / Grounding Kit" - Improving your electrical grounds

newjacksm

Reaction score
Hey I am doing the BIG 3, now I just bought 6ft of wire I think I can probably only do the alt to battery step and the battery to ground step. I dont think I can finish it off which is fine if thats the case Ill just go pick it up from a local place.

Anyways my real question is, do I need a positive battery terminal if I do the battery to alternator step because if I do how would I get 2 huge guage wires going into my battery terminal?

Thanks

I see with one of the pictures, its attached to something on the side.. but I dont quite know what it is..

P.S

I do have a 98 4CYL accord LX

-Greg

Jeffro

Reaction score
You only need one wire to go from the alternator to the battery. There's two places on the Platinum battery terminal so you can leave the one going to your power distributor (under-hood fuse box.)

xluben

Reaction score
Jeffro said:
You only need one wire to go from the alternator to the battery. There's two places on the Platinum battery terminal so you can leave the one going to your power distributor (under-hood fuse box.)

but the more the better :)

i left that wire, but removed the stock grounding wires (just to clean up the look).

newjacksm

Reaction score
The platinum battery terminal I got is for a negative terminal. I am going about to purchase a positive terminal. Also if anyone knows where I can get 1/0ga ring terminals that would be really nice...

And what size is 3/8 ring terminal necassary or 5/16 should be fine?

Last edited:

newjacksm

Reaction score
Did the big 3, I am had trouble putting the 0gauge in the 0gauge terminal slot, I did put it in but some strands are left out squishing up againts the terminal it doesnt look clean but Iwas wondering if this is ok and or safe?

But here are the pics (one showing what I am talking about above. w/ the terminalslot and wire)

IMG_0160.jpg

IMG_0159.jpg

IMG_0157.jpg

The wire pushing up againts the terminal..

IMG_0158.jpg

champaned_out

Reaction score
^^
i would at least put some black electrical tape around both wires for safety reasons

and also on another note, that has got to be the dirtiest/oldest looking 6th gen engine bay ive ever seen... what happened? every nut and bolt looks rusted in those pictures

newjacksm

Reaction score
champaned_out said:
^^
i would at least put some black electrical tape around both wires for safety reasons

and also on another note, that has got to be the dirtiest/oldest looking 6th gen engine bay ive ever seen... what happened? every nut and bolt looks rusted in those pictures

It's dirty and rusty what can I say I got the car for free 138K Miles, do I care nah not really runs great and I have my sound system

xluben

Reaction score
newjacksm said:
Did the big 3, I am had trouble putting the 0gauge in the 0gauge terminal slot, I did put it in but some strands are left out squishing up againts the terminal it doesnt look clean but Iwas wondering if this is ok and or safe?

how's that wire doing so close to the heat shield?

mine's a couple inches further away and is fine, but you're looks really close.

maybe some loom would be in your best interests.

here's some before and after pics of my engine bay:

(before)

bigthree001xt2.jpg

bigthree0021ud8.jpg

(after the swap and a little cleaning)

carpics002Small.jpg

carpics004Small.jpg

carpics005Small.jpg

Back