A bunch of crap

Saeed521

Reaction score
Ok so my car heavily smokes Blue/whitish color ive heard this is my rings how much/time should it take to fix, i also have a p0402 code and i can hear my cat rattle so im guessing thats what that is(should i hollow it), also my tranny is greatly going from 1st to 2nd im thinking of doing a tranny flush and see if that helps, lastly when i first start my car and drive its very hesitandt like its dying then itll gain power rapidly then go back down but once i get driving that stops. PLEASE HELP THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME

Last edited:

Chorilored

Reaction score
Could be a head gasket or rings, thats quite alot of work, how many miles u got?

Chorilored

Reaction score
if the coolant and oil look fine (color wise)then its most likely your rings(burning oil). that can take a while and quite some $$ to fix, depending on the shop. and for that code just search for it to find out exactly what is is.

AZmike

Reaction score
My brother's 2002 Accord had the same issue. Bad rings put enough oil into the cat to destroy it. If you can do the work yourself it's several hundred for parts assuming you have the head checked over and do the timing belt and water pump at the same time. If you're paying for the work having a used engine installed would probably be cheaper. How fast is it burning oil?

cirsurvive711

Reaction score
My brother's 2002 Accord had the same issue. Bad rings put enough oil into the cat to destroy it. If you can do the work yourself it's several hundred for parts assuming you have the head checked over and do the timing belt and water pump at the same time. If you're paying for the work having a used engine installed would probably be cheaper. How fast is it burning oil?

Had the exact same issue at 150k miles too. Not too long ago replaced the motor, cat, and o2 sensor.

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
If you don't know the history of the transmission I wouldnt flush it. It sometimes will make it even worse if it hasnt been done on schedule. My transmission from 1st - 2ed has a .5 second slip and I'm scared ****less to even replace the fluid, some people have lost their whole transmission just from flushing and adding new oil.

Back