F23 NA BUILD 200whp or bust.......

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Well, this looks like it should be interesting.

All the best with your build.

AFAccord

Reaction score
Bisi suggests a hard weld cam for my head. Expensive but worth it for a dd car?

With everything else you've done, anything less than a hard weld would be cutting yourself short.

Even though you may drive it daily, I wouldn't consider it a DD. It's going to idle a bit rough, it's going to require premium gas, it might not have a very streetable powerband for city driving, with a good exhaust, it's going to be loud, with the appropriate engine mounts, it's going to shake and rattle, and with any build, reliability is never as good as a stocker. All things considered, you might as well go all out.

michaelp4283

Reaction score
With everything else you've done, anything less than a hard weld would be cutting yourself short.

Even though you may drive it daily, I wouldn't consider it a DD. It's going to idle a bit rough, it's going to require premium gas, it might not have a very streetable powerband for city driving, with a good exhaust, it's going to be loud, with the appropriate engine mounts, it's going to shake and rattle, and with any build, reliability is never as good as a stocker. All things considered, you might as well go all out.

Good points. Its still going to be driven daily. I've already got headers/catback and its loud-ish but not terrible. I already run 89/91 in it regularly, and shakes and rattles and rough idles add to the fun factor. I'm not sure what you mean about streetable powerband. Do you mean wheel spin/bog or are you saying no low end power? I think it can be reliable.

Last edited:

AFAccord

Reaction score
I've already got headers/catback and its loud-ish but not terrible.

What size collector on the header, and what size catback?

I already run 89/91 in it regularly, and shakes and rattles and rough idles add to the fun factor.

Is there a reason it already shakes and rattles? lol

I'm not sure what you mean about streetable powerband. Do you mean wheel spin/bog or are you saying no low end power?

I don't know what the power band will look like. I'm really curious myself to see how it turns out.

I think it can be reliable.

Undoubtably so, but there are 100 places for things to go wrong when you're assembling a motor from scratch. If everything goes well, it should be plenty reliable. But if something isn't done to correctly, it will usually show itself in the first few thousand miles.

Back