'01 Accord G23 build.. & 2-piston Caliper swap

iHazSnail

Reaction score
- What kind of Intake manifold and camshaft do you guys think will be good for this kind of project.. remember I am going to be boosting this later on..?
- if i were to do the 2-piston caliper swap with the brembo rotors.. then will i be able to use my stock 15" rims or do i have to get bigger rims?
- What kind of ECU would be good for this kind of setup (not boost right now) so keep that in mind.. P13.. P28?

I'll be asking things along the way so please help me out if you guys can.. this is going to be my first swap and I want to do it right.

Thanks for looking at my thread.

1). intake mani you use stock just get it ported and polished.
2). You can use stockies np.
And now the most important part. You can not/should not do a build like this.

You are approaching it the wrong way. Why waste money and most importantly time on throwing in K20 pistons only to re-do it again???? Its not all as simple as it may seem to be. Your cam AND your ECU needs will and should be based on the fact if you are going to keep it NA or boost it. I say AEM EMS all the way but then again it all depends on how much you want to spend and then what your plans are.
I say research, save the parts, make up your mind about NA or boost and take it from there or you might be doing things over again for no good reason. Just my 2centz :)

nyknick1015

Reaction score
^^ what he said

but looks liek u got a project there... and is it really a g23 when u have a full h22 motor?? you might have better luck building the H22 bottom end instead of swapping it on the g23... g23 has proven to have some defects if ran NA. Ive read threads where the timing was off by like .01 degrees and overtime it destorys the motor... and plus u might have a better build with the h22 bottom end

Last edited:

silverstrike

Reaction score
1). intake mani you use stock just get it ported and polished.
2). You can use stockies np.
And now the most important part. You can not/should not do a build like this.

You are approaching it the wrong way. Why waste money and most importantly time on throwing in K20 pistons only to re-do it again???? Its not all as simple as it may seem to be. Your cam AND your ECU needs will and should be based on the fact if you are going to keep it NA or boost it. I say AEM EMS all the way but then again it all depends on how much you want to spend and then what your plans are.
I say research, save the parts, make up your mind about NA or boost and take it from there or you might be doing things over again for no good reason. Just my 2centz :)

I'm sorry if what i said earlier was confusing.. (well i was confused you can say). Well now my mind is set to going turbo so no K20 pistons.. and like you said i'll be going with AEM EMS. I know i could use the whole H22 swap and build the bottom end.. but i dont want to mess with resleeving it and the F-series block has more potential and is better for boosting.. IMO.
Also i want to try something that is different. I have thought about going the H22 route but not anymore. I've seen a lot of 6th gens running H22 but not that many with G23.

Last edited:

iHazSnail

Reaction score
different usually comes with a steep price most of which is translated in time. Good luck to you dude :thumbsup:

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
good luck on the g23 frankenstein build. a real honda G series motor is a 5 cylinder, haha.

looking forward to seeing it finished.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
oohh.. very nice! hope to see the end results ;)

as for the legend caliper fitting over OEMs, they will

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Ambition, boredom's hot cousin. Best of luck man, I would attempt a swap if I had a second car and a garage lol. I'm with Roy on the calipers.

TURBOG23

Reaction score
im actually in the midle of this swap myself...honestly a royal pain in the ***...too many things need to be moded to fit...not as easy as some people make it seem at all but it sure is cool and different... im almost there though so im happy...gl to you...have fun lol...

Back