Engine light came on and i'm confused...

Frisky Arab

Reaction score
My check engine light came on when i was driving home from getting gas. as it came on my rpm's shot really low and i started slowing down. i had to drive super slow all the way home and every time i give the car any gas it shakes really hard like its about to stall and wont go over 2k rpm's. got home and popped the hood and everything was super hot and smelled like something was burned.

my dad says its probably burned spark plugs. what do you guys think.:confused:

Frisky Arab

Reaction score
I actually just had to get another radiator hose the other day and i put new coolant in it. coolant level is fine.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
whats the engine code say? that will give you a very good starting point..

halfpinoythug

Reaction score
almost sounds like what happened when my alternator belt snapped. all kinds of stuff was goin nutz

MikeyMike

Reaction score
get it scanned and see what the code(s) are

ive seen a bad crank and/or cam sensor do that before

jwong512

Reaction score
Get the code scanned then come back to this thread. It's almost impossible to judge what happened by what you just told us right now.

Frisky Arab

Reaction score
Still not sure exactally what is wrong, but i disconnected my battery for a bit then reconnected and car seems to run fine. Only thing is now my SRS light is on and when I drive it feels sluggish and vtec kicks on at higher RPM's then it usually on at.

Dad is gonna take it to get checked out at his buddies shop tomorrow while i'm at IFO. I don't know what I would do without all the hook-ups he has.

Frisky Arab

Reaction score
Just realized something. If reseting everything made the car run properly again then the problem is probably electrical right? I'm assuming if I had engine problems then disconnecting the battery wouldn't miraculously fix my motor.

Back