'00 f23a1 EX Newb

TheMiceKing

Reaction score
Hey there, I'm sure this gets asked every day ten times a day, but I'm not looking through a billion pages of threads, and I have already done a decent amount of research, so I just have a couple questions to make my job easier.

Recently got a manual EX model that's actually in decent condition. Just wondering if there's any brand name turbo kits that are better than others. Is it worth doing any NA tuning before putting a turbo on?

Additionally, I'm wondering if it is even worth it / possible to bolt a 6-speed tranny onto the f23a1, and if so, would it need any extra work?

Thanks in advance.

dawg316

Reaction score
6 speeds wont work on the 4 cylinder

if you want a good "kit" piece together your own. can you fab or own a welder. ?

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
the prelude never had a 6 speed transmission. the only 6 speed tranmissions for hondas/acuras were bolted to v6s and won't bolt up to an i4. the prelude transmissions do have slightly shorter gearing, so the car would take off a little better, but i've also heard that people like the stock 5mt with their f23 if they go turbo.

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
People like the F23 trans for FI because of the longer gearing. And the only 6MT for 4cyl engines were bolted to the K series. Welcome to the site.

TheMiceKing

Reaction score
People like the F23 trans for FI because of the longer gearing. And the only 6MT for 4cyl engines were bolted to the K series. Welcome to the site.

Alright, guess I'll have to do a little more research. And yeah I've also been told the 5 speed is more comfy with a turbo on the f23. Thanks for the clarification! Also thanks for the welcome.

TheMiceKing

Reaction score
the prelude never had a 6 speed transmission. the only 6 speed tranmissions for hondas/acuras were bolted to v6s and won't bolt up to an i4.

Yeah I asked and my friend clarified that he meant the h22a tranny would be an upgrade for my current tranny, and has a good LSD. He didn't mean it was a 6mt. My bad.

Last edited:
Back