-=[ Exhaust Manifold / Header ]=-

RedlineAccord

Reaction score
Megan Racing is utter crap. I had the welds on their header fail on me. Just popped right off the flange that bolts the header to the block. Also the flex pipe started leaking on me. On the up side though, once it was finally fixed (sent a new one after a lot of b1tching) the header plus the megan racing test pipe (which I ALSO had problems with) gave me about 20 hp and 10 torque to the wheels. Dyno proven...

Sonnick

Reaction score
Megan Racing is utter crap. I had the welds on their header fail on me. Just popped right off the flange that bolts the header to the block. Also the flex pipe started leaking on me. On the up side though, once it was finally fixed (sent a new one after a lot of b1tching) the header plus the megan racing test pipe (which I ALSO had problems with) gave me about 20 hp and 10 torque to the wheels. Dyno proven...
Post the dyno. I don't think a header that's "utter crap" gives you 20hp and 10ft/lbs..to the wheels especially.

I've had the Megan header for probably a year now and it's quality, at least in my experience. Try to find a Neuspeed n2 header. I've heard those are best, well, besides Bisi's. Kamikaze 4-1 header is also good so I've been told.

5spdcoupe

Reaction score
I'd like to see the dyno charts too if you could post em please... I just want to see the before/after ones because I've always wondered how these mods shifted the powerband and stuff and exactly where they gave you the most gains. Thanks in advance if you could put em up.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I've heard the Megan headers also have fitment issues, so you may want to stay away from those. Ceramic headers have been known to crack, but I don't remember which brand had that issue. SS, will do the job, just don't taouch them with your bare hands, use gloves when you install them, or make sure to polish them after you put them on to remove any finger prints.

AFAccord

Reaction score
And no one's mentioned Kamikaze???

Megan seems to be hit and miss with fitment. Quality is alright, quality control is not.

DC sports has a decent design for the primaries, but the collector is too small. Without modifying for larger collectors, it's only as good as a Megan header in terms of performance.

Kamikaze uses a large 2.5" collector. They use a 4-1 design which improves top end for all you speed demons out there, while the design of the primaries retains good midrange torque. The O2 sensor bung is placed where the sensor will see exhaust from all four cylinders, which is extremely important to anyone who is concerned about tuning their vehicle. They come with copper gaskets that are more durable than compression gaskets supplied by other companies, and there are three finishes to choose from, all of which are cheaper than a new DC sports header.

Back