Ultra Racing lower 4-point brace & Cusco lower Tie bar installed on CG2(01 Accord)

WHEEELMAN

Reaction score
80-picture_php_pictureid_42531_47c968265a7118485b003873690c683c45c24f8e.jpg

80-picture_php_pictureid_42530_e6753a2f6d3ad5f04061e13bf6bbae0621265540.jpg

80-picture_php_pictureid_42527_2e29ed203e330b4034679bdb0bc9e838a1affc24.jpg

80-picture_php_pictureid_42525_b9310c33205b72475de0e694e5f91b440944a271.jpg

80-picture_php_pictureid_42528_60cbc4413f614579529acc1306de1dabb087d862.jpg

The U/R 4 point brace uses existing hardware. Just mount it up with your OEM bolts. Same for the Cusco.

!! There is only about 1/4 of an inch between the flex pipe and the U/R brace. Hard to tell in the pic but theres some room there. !!

Also, I'm 100% sure the U/R brace will fit 98-02 V6 Accords - Coupe and Sedan. It is sold as a brace for the CG2 and has a picture of the Sedan. But, we have test fitted the U/R brace on Dinzdales V6 Sedan and it fits just like mine.

CONFIRMED 9/6/11:
It will fit the 4 cylinder Accords. Front sub-frames appear to be same or similar enough to mount up the front Lower 4 point brace.

I installed the U/R brace about 1 month ago. Then, I installed the Cusco today so I could see if it made any difference with the U/R brace. At this time, I haven't tested out the Cusco. After I installed the Cusco, I polished and waxed my wheels. I got a late start today and didn't finish them until tonite.

I did feel a difference with the U/R 4 point brace. When you hit bumps the front end stays more planted. You can feel the suspension working more. It's more stable.

However, I do have some added vibration at idle(when in Drive) and when crusing around 1800-1900 rpm. But, I attribute this to the poly-filled OEM engine mounts. I already had alot of vibration when the J35 went in, so that same vibration is being transmitted thru the U/R brace. If your running on non-polyfilled OEM mounts, you probably won't have any if just a little vibration.

It is hard to tell from the pics, but the Cusco sits just as low as the U/R brace. I have not had any clearance issues with the U/R brace, but I am only lowered 2 inches on Eibach Sportlines. If your slammed you can forget using either brace.

I also looked at the rest of the chassis and I don't see any place to mount a mid or rear Bolt-in brace. There are no OEM mounting bolts you could use. You might be able to weld some in, but the exhaust pipe might be an issue. You would need to either have it go over the piping, if possible, or under. But if you go under the piping you will lose ALOT of clearance.

So, we could go inside the car for additional bracing. You could use a *room/floor bar, harness bar, or an Autopower steet roll bar.

* Yet to be determined.

I kinda looked at room/floor bars for addt'l bracing, and so has Brian6Speed(Acura CL owner). But, there is no specific application for the Accord or CL. There might be one we could use for another model of car. I'll check into it. I think Brian6Speed is checking into it also.

I also considered the Autopower roll bar, but I use a wheelchair and I'm not sure if that would interfere with my wheels going behind the driver seat. Besides, that is not a project I can do by myself.

- Michael
____________________________________-

5-12-11 UPDATE(review of Cusco brace):

Could not really tell any addt'l benefit from the Cusco. However, I would think it is reducing flex in that area somewhat.

Overall review :
With BOTH pieces --- Hard cornering and taking curvy roads feels more "stable"; Ultra Racing uses this term to describe the effects. Front end feels more planted. If you need to make an "adjustment" while in a curve/turn, the "feel" of the front end is alot more firm, not squishy. I like the feeling the bracing has added. Road Course and Auto-X would benefit from chassis bracing. Daily driving could see some benefit; emergency maneuvers from dummy drivers, etc.

Best bang for your buck would be the Ultra Racing 4 point. and if you wanna dib out a lil more cash for another tie bar, I would do it...won't make it any worse?

....kinda looking into this piece for now. Lower REAR 4 point, Lil bit more research and I will know.

"pic link is broke. Currently they do not have a pic of it on their new site as of 5-14-15."

9/8/11 edit:
Added note that it will fit 4 cylinder models also. Thanks goes to 9450erick for confirming fitment on the 4 cylinder chassis. We know it will fit ALL Accord models for 98-02

Last edited:

juicebox00

Reaction score
Re: Ultra Racing lower 4-point brace & Cusco lower Tie bar installed on CG2(01 Accord

hmmmm...hhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
Re: Ultra Racing lower 4-point brace & Cusco lower Tie bar installed on CG2(01 Accord

I could definitely see this helping out with body roll and keeping the car planted.

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score

great info. So the 4 point brace won't work on a 4 cyl(cg6)?

WHEEELMAN

Reaction score

great info. So the 4 point brace won't work on a 4 cyl(cg6)?

not sure. I have never looked at the chassis of a 4 cylinder. I don't know anyone in my area with a 4 cylinder or else it would already be confirmed.

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score

So how far below the sub-frame do the bars sit? The reason I ask is because I'm trying to plan out my suspension overhaul, I assume that as low as i am there will be issues.

fastflyinaccord

Reaction score

That looks awesome dude. I may be just a bit too low for this though.

Someone around GA with a 4cyl should def meet up with this guy and see if it fits on your car.

SykVSyx

Reaction score

t.blackaccord and one other sedan owner(Andy?) had the interior brace, I believe from an Integra mounted.

I like the look of the 4 point brace, I am lowered on Sportlines as well, and I had the Cusco bar, but it took a serious beating, as I imagine the 4-point brace would as well, but would still be willing to try it.

BlackestCoupe

Reaction score

Thats gonna be the first thing to scrape everywhere lol. My flexpipe looks just like that. Frayed from the low life.

4NDR3W_6THG3N

Reaction score

:eekwtf:
Thats gonna be the first thing to scrape everywhere lol. My flexpipe looks just like that. Frayed from the low life.

Yeah my flexpipe is frayed too. BUT I WANT THAT 4PT BRACE NOW! Where can I get one?

Back