Folding mirrors

iHazSnail

Reaction score
Guys got the folding mirrors but cant seem to get them to work. Anyone has any input on how exactly to wire it up? Can an oem relay be used or has to be jdm relay?
Thanks

iHazSnail

Reaction score
I was looking into the power folding mirrors from the CF4. I'm pretty sure you got to uhave the jdm/edm power folding mirror module for it to work.

This is for a civic, but you should get the idea.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PURPLE-FOLD...s&fits=Make:Honda&hash=item56500bccb2&vxp=mtr
in that case, it sucks cuz i dont have a relay but im sure someone somewhere somehow knows how to bypass ours or substitute one ?

Yeah i did read through that. Spoke with derek he said to wire the folding button with the heated mirror but what color and where the hell is that lol cuz there is 5 wires coming out the mirrors while USDM bunch has three?
Not to forget that the actual back end :lawl: of the switch is different

kn0x47

Reaction score
Those modules might have different pin outs but they should all do the same thing. do you have any of the wiring diagrams?

Last edited:

iHazSnail

Reaction score
This is what i found after all day of searching

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 708

Jarrett

Reaction score
In my CB7 I have power folding mirrors installed using an EP3 Civic Type R switch. The original switch has the same pinout as the DB/DC Integras and EG-EK Civics. The EP3 switch uses a much different connector to house even more wires. In the standard mirror switch (non-folding from '01-'05 Civics) the newer style adds illumination to the switch face. The JDM EP3 Civic Type R switch adds the folding button functionality to that. It does not require a relay. It cost me $90 to get it from an shipping agent in Japan but it was totally worth it. There aren't many cars that you'll be able to get this switch from.

I have a link on CB7Tuner.com explaining it more thoroughly but since I'm new I can't post links. If you're interested, go to CB7Tuner.com and search "ALPS Korea switch".

Last edited:

schmiddr2

Reaction score
You could put them on a switch and relay. (3- SPDT 12V relays, and 2- 3 position center spring return switches.) Next you would need some type of sensing limit switch, but this might be built into the mirror, I've never seen them so I don't know.

There are many ways to make it work, but some experimenting might be necessary to custom build something.

Last edited:

iHazSnail

Reaction score
In my CB7 I have power folding mirrors installed using an EP3 Civic Type R switch. The original switch has the same pinout as the DB/DC Integras and EG-EK Civics. The EP3 switch uses a much different connector to house even more wires. In the standard mirror switch (non-folding) the newer style adds illumination to the switch face. The JDM EP3 Civic Type R switch adds the folding button functionality to that. It does not require a relay. It cost me $90 to get it from an shipping agent in Japan but it was totally worth it. There aren't many cars that you'll be able to get this switch from.

I have a link on CB7Tuner.com explaining it more thoroughly but since I'm new I can't post links. If you're interested, go to CB7Tuner.com and search "ALPS Korea switch".
We can use relay for a dc2 integra thats not as big an issue problem is to get it wired up.
Things can get much simpler if i can somehow get a hold of a wiring diagram for the CF4 mirrors and switch to know which wire does exactly what.

You could put them on a switch and relay. (2- DPDT 12V relays, 1- SPST 12V relay, and 2- 3 position center spring return switches.) Next you would need some type of sensing limit switch, but this might be built into the mirror, I've never seen them so I don't know.

There are many ways to make it work, but some experimenting might be necessary to custom build something.

I thought of that but having a bunch of electric relays and cut outs is never a good idea because then you have just as many chances of failure.
I remember someone on this forum had them installed not sure who it was or if they even are on here anymore.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I forgot the USDM Accord don't have the heated mirror function, lol.

Problem is, all the people I know that have the PFM function have Canadian Accords.

Back