Brown muck/oil in coolant. Why? What to do?

AlanCM

Reaction score
So my father-in-law is a bit handy w cars(mostly autobody). But according to him he says there isn't any sign of coolant leaking into the engine. And no sludge neither. I kno a month back during the first hot day this summer the top radiator hose split open and the engine overheated. I parked and ran to a nearby autozone to replace the hose. That might have been what started this whole problem. Fatherinlaw offered to pay for the repair and pay him back monthly!! Now I gotta find a mechanic to see exactly what's going on. Again thanks for the help you guys. I've jus barely joined and you guys have been a lot of help.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
So my father-in-law is a bit handy w cars(mostly autobody). But according to him he says there isn't any sign of coolant leaking into the engine. And no sludge neither. I kno a month back during the first hot day this summer the top radiator hose split open and the engine overheated. I parked and ran to a nearby autozone to replace the hose. That might have been what started this whole problem. Fatherinlaw offered to pay for the repair and pay him back monthly!! Now I gotta find a mechanic to see exactly what's going on. Again thanks for the help you guys. I've jus barely joined and you guys have been a lot of help.
You won't find out for sure until the head is pulled.

Gil'sCG6

Reaction score

The radiator hose busting on you could also be have nothing to do with the issue you have now, depending on how long the car was overheating for. If the engine overheats and you notice right away before further damage happens then you wouldnt have a problem as long as you replaced the hose and the coolant that leaked out of it. The OEM headgasket can actually take a beating believe it or not before it goes on you so like i said in my earlier post you need further inspection. DO NOT LISTEN TO ANYBODY THAT TELLS YOU THAT YOU HAVE A BAD HEADGASKET.

Back