DIY: "Boat look" Remedy for Accords on Lowering Springs

SykVSyx

Reaction score
do u only do this mod if your keeping your stock struts?

im going to drop the car 2'', do i need to get aftermarket struts?

There are springs that you can use with your stock shocks, so depending on how much they have been through already, you may be ok. Otherwise, I would suggest investing in a new set of shocks/struts. There are plenty of suggested pairings/setups in the Product Review Forum. Do some research before hand.

PumaFumé

Reaction score
There are springs that you can use with your stock shocks, so depending on how much they have been through already, you may be ok. Otherwise, I would suggest investing in a new set of shocks/struts. There are plenty of suggested pairings/setups in the Product Review Forum. Do some research before hand.

yah i did look through that section already, the decision i think i am going to go with is probably Tockico Blue struts and now camber is next...

What camber adjusters should i pick up? are they needed? fronts and backs?

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
You don't need a camber kit with your choice of a spring/strut setup. :coffee:

Look into camber kits if you are planning on slamming the car with quality coilovers. Otherwise, you should be okay.

6thGenProject

Reaction score
Ok guys know this thread is old but i am doing this to my ride...took a before and will take an after picture....taks alot of elbow grease to get this freaking strut out of the fork!!!!!!! will post update when i getback from parts store.

leo

Reaction score
Ok guys know this thread is old but i am doing this to my ride...took a before and will take an after picture....taks alot of elbow grease to get this freaking strut out of the fork!!!!!!! will post update when i getback from parts store.

Cool, cant wait for the pics. I am planning to do it in a couple of week also. Which method are you doing???? Are you doing the fork or the shocks???

6thGenProject

Reaction score
ok guys...got the first side done!....and it was a pain!!! but it does correct the boat look slightly...now i almost really messed up the 14 mm bolt in the back of the fork because when you slide the fork over the strut (once bored) the notch where the 14 mm bolt goes through has movedd lower creating a buldge in the path of the nut!!!! so i started tightening it down and realized i was de-threading my bolt....well i back off in time to save it and used a tap n die set to try and fix the problem...ended up breaking the tap n die set but manages to keep the bolt"!!!!whoo hoo!!!! n e way you have to make a new notch where the bolt will travel to clear the side of the bottom of the strut! i grinded it and used a srewdriver (the shaft not the end) and a hammer to pound in a little notch to gain clearence!!! still working on passenger side....been doing this all on my own!!!! will try and get pics up tonight if finished! i am exhausted

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Congrats on your progress. I'll say though - I thought that what you are experiencing would be a problem for me, but it was not - the bolt just went in and I torqued it tight. Good luck!

AFAccord

Reaction score
Congrats on your progress. I'll say though - I thought that what you are experiencing would be a problem for me, but it was not - the bolt just went in and I torqued it tight. Good luck!

Same here. I predicted problems, but it ended up being no problem at all.

Back