Viper 5901 Alarm DIY!

Gotta Be Marc

Reaction score
Do you know how to wire it or program it so that when the car starts the park lights. come on too??

One of my coworkers has a 1993 accord. When he hits his viper remote start the park light comes on.

dorkiedoode

Reaction score
Do you know how to wire it or program it so that when the car starts the park lights. come on too??

One of my coworkers has a 1993 accord. When he hits his viper remote start the park light comes on.

I always thought that it was standard for the lights to come on during RS.

Well I presume that the installation was done correctly and that the setting was just turned off. You would have to turn it on using the instruction in the manual.

http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/IG/Viper/N5702V_2008_08web.pdf

Read the "System features learn routine" section. The menu for the parking lights is under Menu 3 - Remote Start. 3-12 "Parking Lights"

iluvmysh

Reaction score
nope the circuit is not the same. for LX with no factory alarm lock is black/white and unlock is green/red found on a two pin plug at the front of the driver's side fuse panel.

great write up!
i have a 2002 4cyl LX - no alarm, no keyless entry, nothing.

i think this is the only thing that would differ from your install, correct?

H1/1 RED/WHITE (-) 200mA TRUNK RELEASE OUTPUT
H1/7 BLUE (-) TRUNK PIN/ INSTANT TRIGGER INPUT

would i need to hook those up since i don't have a trunk popper?

also,
st3b0 said:
Auxiliary harness (H2), 8-pin connector
^ do you really need this one? i don't have a factory alarm system, and i don't want the honk i want it to be stealthy
doesn't the alarm come with a siren? i'm not quite too sure where the horn comes in to play?
are you using the horn instead of the siren?

thanks again for your work.

dorkiedoode

Reaction score
great write up!
i have a 2002 4cyl LX - no alarm, no keyless entry, nothing.

i think this is the only thing that would differ from your install, correct?

H1/1 RED/WHITE (-) 200mA TRUNK RELEASE OUTPUT
H1/7 BLUE (-) TRUNK PIN/ INSTANT TRIGGER INPUT

would i need to hook those up since i don't have a trunk popper?

also,

doesn't the alarm come with a siren? i'm not quite too sure where the horn comes in to play?
are you using the horn instead of the siren?

thanks again for your work.

No, you do not need to hook those up if your car does not have those options. There are a few more differences between the EX models and others but the only thing I can remember on top of my head is the door locks. I'm pretty sure the wires are different. The LX model comes with power door locks correct?

The alarm does come with the siren. The siren can be used with the horn simultaneously when the alarm is set off. My theory would be two different obnoxious tones playing at the same time would getting more attention. I guess you can also think of it as your second line of defense? If the siren was cut off then you still have the horn. In my car I have the siren and the horn going on if the alarm was set off.

iluvmysh

Reaction score
No, you do not need to hook those up if your car does not have those options. There are a few more differences between the EX models and others but the only thing I can remember on top of my head is the door locks. I'm pretty sure the wires are different. The LX model comes with power door locks correct?

The alarm does come with the siren. The siren can be used with the horn simultaneously when the alarm is set off. My theory would be two different obnoxious tones playing at the same time would getting more attention. I guess you can also think of it as your second line of defense? If the siren was cut off then you still have the horn. In my car I have the siren and the horn going on if the alarm was set off.

Yes, the Lx does have power door locks. Just no keyless entry and no trunk relay.

I understand about the horn/siren thing. Does he horn sound when you arm/disarm though?

Also, since your install do you have any afterthoughts on the alarm? Would you do anything different (installation process or diff alarm all together?)

Thanks again!

dorkiedoode

Reaction score
Yes, the Lx does have power door locks. Just no keyless entry and no trunk relay.

I understand about the horn/siren thing. Does he horn sound when you arm/disarm though?

Also, since your install do you have any afterthoughts on the alarm? Would you do anything different (installation process or diff alarm all together?)

Thanks again!

There is no horn sound when you arm/disarm.

The alarm is decent. I can't say much comparable to other brands because I only used the 5901 and the older 791x. I can say that the range is much longer and the pager key is slim/sleeker. What I hate most about the alarm is that I received a defective antenna. The first batches of the 5901 came with defective antennas, they do not work well when it is cold. There was a known recall on those. Another con is there seems to be a delay in response compared to the older model. Might just be my antenna though.

99accordEX

Reaction score
great write up! helped me a lot. one question: How do you hook up the factory disarm to the alarm?

I tried hooking the light green/black wire (from the alarm) to the door unlocks wire(orange on the passenger side) like you said to. doesnt work very well.

Other websites say to connect it to the blue(-) wire at the power window switch. Where do I find this wire? Which plug is it? Driver or passenger side?

THanks!

99 ex sedan
viper 5900

Back