DIY LEDs gauge cluster

RaVaGeSpEeD

Reaction score
Sorry crappy photo from blackberry but this is mine.. No hot spots, I also used 360 degree bulbs from Superbrightled.com Awesome light up.. I also used fingernail polish remover and got all the yellow off my needles so they are white in the day and matching blue at night...

n500735482_6070171_6226838.jpg

i like the blue and it would match my headunit and footwells, but i dont wanna do the nail polish thing on the needles

xx24xx

Reaction score
It doesn't look like the nail pollish helped much. I'm thinking of running some kind of reflective tape on top of the needles and utilizing the clusters overhead sockets.

metrick1235

Reaction score
It doesn't look like the nail pollish helped much. I'm thinking of running some kind of reflective tape on top of the needles and utilizing the clusters overhead sockets.

The nail polish remover actually made a big difference but my blackberry sucks (curve 2 has no flash) so it took a bad pic..

xx24xx

Reaction score
Did you take the needles off to remove the paint on the underside? I had an extra cluster to DIY, and I got a little nail polish on the black part and it discolored it. So I'm a bit hesitant.

RaVaGeSpEeD

Reaction score
so there is no soldering involved with these bulbs from superbrightleds? Seems like a much cheaper route than ledautomotive. I want to do this, I just don't want to have to solder anything.

no soldering.
just used WLED xHP5 Wedge Base Bulbs - red
and
74x Wedge Base LED bulbs. - cool white

rave93

Reaction score
which bulb is for what?
my goal is to get everything blue with red needles,
so what should i get?
i know i have the three 194's and 3 74's but what should be red and what should be blue? thanks!
chris

RaVaGeSpEeD

Reaction score
Well if you want red needles and blue gauges u gotta paint ur needles. My red gauges further illuminate my needles so that's why i did red

racerzedge

Reaction score
I suggest you don't paint your needle. Honda use a special type of paint that are not available for purchase (as far as I know). If you want red needles, there's a pretty detailed DIY in this forum that shows you how to do that.

crookx

Reaction score
i want all blue which bulbs do i get? i tryed the search on the site but i cant seem to find the dash guage lights?

Back