Moonroof rattles

Bucko

Reaction score
My moonroof rattles when I have it open, or sometimes even just with the shade part open. Does anyone know what's going on up there? I tried poking around in there and all I found were greasy fingers. I couldn't find anything in the forums so I figure I'd see if anyone has had this problem. Thanks!

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Mine does too. It goes away if you push up on the black molding around the opening. Then it comes back again. Not sure what it is, I haven't spent a lot of time trying to figure it out, I'll just push up on the molding every 10 minutes, lol. Although now it is drowned out by an exhaust and somewhat loud music most of the time. haha

Bucko

Reaction score
Hahahah well I will take a better look later on. If I find anything I will let you know. Main thing I know it doesn't leak because it poured for a few days last week and it was all good. Wheeew! :badger:

Bucko

Reaction score
"Hi, my name is Bucko and my moonroof rattles."

I will take a look and see if I can figure it out.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
*RedRyder & cirsurvive711 in unison: "Welcome to Moonroof Rattles Anonymous."

BkzTafetta

Reaction score
yea mine does too and i also push on that black molding....haha...might be filling it with some silicone this week if it doesnt interupt with the open/closing of the moonroof...such an annoying noise when u want peace and quiet in your car....

Bucko

Reaction score
I opened the sunglasses holder and biiingo! It's got two holes that look like they're missing something. When I push on the inside of the holder as if there were screws holding it in, the rattling stops. Now to see if it helps, I will need to find out what kind/size of screws go in there! :thinking:

Back