car can only drive for 30mins without taking a rest

datFo_OLkizzle

Reaction score
like its really annoying i can only drive the car for about 30 mins at a time then it stopps getting gas and i have to clutch gas clutch gas repeatedly for it to maybe kick back in. most of the time it just stalls and turns of and i have to wait maybe a minute or too till it turns back on. and it keeps happening until i let the car sit for about 30 mins.

i was thinking about wither buying gatorade or redbull and putting it in my engine but i wanted to hear what you guys thought about that first :D

but seriously mechanic told me might be a bad fuel filter (doubt it). one guy told my i need to clean my idle control valve or throttle body (i think it might be that) and one guy said i might need a new altenator idk but before i spend big bucks sendinding it to a mechanic i decided to ask you guys what you thought it might be.. thanks for the help

datFo_OLkizzle

Reaction score
just changed out the fuel pump in november when i bought the car idk bout the injectorsbut the thing is like if the car sits for a while itll drive perfectly fine..

BMArias15

Reaction score
aaahhhhhh that Pines traffic must suck with that happening huh.. :whip_001:

honestly i would say to start with the least aggressive of maybe some good ol' Lucas Gas treatment, cleaning the throttle bodies with cleaner or SeaFoam Deep creep, and going from there since you already checked the fuel pump... i would actually pass by a mechanic and maybe have them check the fuel pressure to make sure you dont have leaks and that the pump is 100% good... THATS JUST MY OPINION THO.

good luck bro

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
Try using some seafoam in the gas tank (full tank of gas) and the vacuum hose brake booster.
If there's any blockage/build up with the fuel system, normally that should rectify it

BMArias15

Reaction score
Try using some seafoam in the gas tank (full tank of gas) and the vacuum hose brake booster.
If there's any blockage/build up with the fuel system, normally that should rectify it

just to elaborate on this, half the Seafoam can into 1/2 a tank of gas and the rest into vacuum hose.. if you're do for an oil change then do 1/3 gas, 1/3 vacuum hose and 1/3 in oil (oil change done 200 miles later or 2-3 days) and as i said above about 1/2 Seafoam Deep Creep into the Throttle Bodys

Drift

Reaction score
Sounds like you have clogged breather line in the fuel tank. Your fuel tank if pulling a vacuum and the pump cant keep up. Happens all the time on older bikes.

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
Sounds like you have clogged breather line in the fuel tank. Your fuel tank if pulling a vacuum and the pump cant keep up. Happens all the time on older bikes.

Good point..

Can that happen from the car sitting for a long period of time and the fuel start to break down
or sometype of dibris from the fuel tank that gets in the fuel line and clogs it

Back