Oil Pan replacement!!

honda_dude

Reaction score
I hav a AV6. Honestly how hard it is to change the oil pan? I have a feeling I am going to have a hard time. I am able to do things like oil change, tranny D&R, change springs/shocks and stuff like that but i have never done anything like changing the oil pan. Can someone guide me? i have no clue how to start. thanks :)

Last edited:

Gil'sCG6

Reaction score
it should be easy for you seeing as you're mechanically inclined enough to do those other things. First off wait till the engine is cold so pretty much all the oil is in the pan and so you can remove the header. Second jack up the car as high as you can (safely) and drain all your oil, leave it draining for a few min so you get most of the oil out of the pan. Third, remove the oil filter and oil pan bolts which i believe are 8 or 10mm bolts if im not mistaken. Your oil pan is now removed, when you install the new one make sure you have a new oil pan gasket. Apply sealer around the rim of the new oil pan so it has no chance of leaking any time soon and place the gasket one it, then hand tighten all the bolts then go around with your ratchet and tighten the bolts CRISS CROSS so it seals perfect. Finally throw the oil filter and drain plug on and add the oil.... done.

Last edited:

Johnson

Reaction score
It is a pain in the ***, you will need to remove the bottom of the headers first in order to take the oil pan off.

honda_dude

Reaction score
o man which is it? Easy or hard? LOL i need to remove the bottom part of the headers? i hav a V6 btw and there is no oil pan gasket. Just a sealer/silicone

Johnson

Reaction score
o man which is it? Easy or hard? LOL i need to remove the bottom part of the headers? i hav a V6 btw and there is no oil pan gasket. Just a sealer/silicone

It was the most time consuming part for me. Buy the oem sealer, I believe it is called hondabond

Gil'sCG6

Reaction score

Its not hard just takes time and patience, but the patience will come easier seeing as your saving yourself a lot of money on labor costs. If you had a lift it would be a lot easier but either way its complete common sense for a mechanically inclined person.

Last edited:

honda_dude

Reaction score
This is what i got

269171_1913301627917_1103190106_3636165_6099610_n.jpg

anyone use this before? any pointers?

Back