R3dC4p's 2000 EX Sedan 'Weiss'

R3dC4p

Reaction score
That's a really nice looking survivor. :) Looks like it was well taken care of. I'd clean it up, and get it mechanically sound, and drive the wheels off it. If it needs a trans down the road, put another 1 in. That's what I've been doing with both my wife's 00 Sedan, and my own 99 Sedan. I like them to be 100% reliable.
Do you know when the timing belt was last replaced? If not, I'd replace it (you didn't have it on your list).
Any more pics of it?

Timing belt is a good idea, I have no idea when it was last replaced, didn't actually think of that. And I'll get some more pics of it tomorrow before I actually get to cleaning it up. Interior needs some... Work. Haha

Connie

Reaction score
270k miles wow she wears them well.
I have 472832km (about 293k miles I think) on my 02 and you can definitely tell just by looking at it from like 500 feet away lol. That'll clean up nice, and you got a SWEET deal for only $250!

Polish that turd and it'll look great!

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
270k miles wow she wears them well.
That'll clean up nice, and you got a SWEET deal for only $250!

Polish that turd and it'll look great!

Agreed. Hit it with some cleaner wax or compound it with a buffing pad and bring that old paint back to life. The scratches in the rear bumper cover aren't nothing a touch up spray can can't fix.
Yours looks a lot more solid than my rusty 99. I have to agree with Connie, in that seeing all of the clean (little to no rust) cars makes me jealous of those living in nicer climates. I was happy to find what I did when I did, and now it seems more and more clean cars are popping up for next to nothing.:computer:

Connie

Reaction score
Agreed. Hit it with some cleaner wax or compound it with a buffing pad and bring that old paint back to life. The scratches in the rear bumper cover aren't nothing a touch up spray can can't fix.
Yours looks a lot more solid than my rusty 99. I have to agree with Connie, in that seeing all of the clean (little to no rust) cars makes me jealous of those living in nicer climates. I was happy to find what I did when I did, and now it seems more and more clean cars are popping up for next to nothing.:computer:

At least you can go down south in the same country and find something rust-free. We have to import them, pay duty and all of that, then the cars have to be converted to meet Canadian safety laws. Things like daytime running lights have to be added, as well as stuff I can't remember at the moment. Cars that weren't available in Canadian markets (for example the latest GTO) aren't allowed in at all until they are over 20 years old.

Makes it hardly worth it to go through all that to get a rust-free car like a 6th gen Accord. Something more valuable, like a 69 GTO or something, I can see making more sense. People do it all the time.

Americans are lucky, you guys pretty much get to do whatever the hell you want when it comes to modding and importing cars.

Except California. Dear Cali: I feel your pain, but at least it's not rusty there lol.

R3dC4p

Reaction score
I do feel the pain of the northerners, I promise. I'm originally from Northeastern PA. right on the New York State border. I spent many, many hours with Bondo, Fiberglass, and sheet metal to make new rockers, repair rear quarter... etc. North Carolina is a breath of fresh air when it comes to car buying. lol

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
I do feel the pain of the northerners, I promise. I'm originally from Northeastern PA. right on the New York State border. I spent many, many hours with Bondo, Fiberglass, and sheet metal to make new rockers, repair rear quarter... etc. North Carolina is a breath of fresh air when it comes to car buying. lol

Don't get me wrong, I've bought my share of clean Texas, Arizona, and Oklahoma cars too over the years. I've even bought cars from Louisiana as well. It's nice to be able to just unbolt stuff, rather than soak it first in Pb-blaster then hit it with a hot wrench.

But lately it seems like all I'm working on is a pile of rust. The TA I have in the shop (on the rotisserie) sat too low when parked, and is getting floors plus other rust work. My own Accord just got it's rusty fuel tank replaced. My Geo needs a bunch of metal replaced (dedicated salt sucker). At least my wife's 00 Accord hasn't needed any metal replaced, but it has had it's fuel and brake lines replaced due to rust.

pete c

Reaction score
At least you can go down south in the same country and find something rust-free. We have to import them, pay duty and all of that, then the cars have to be converted to meet Canadian safety laws. Things like daytime running lights have to be added, as well as stuff I can't remember at the moment. Cars that weren't available in Canadian markets (for example the latest GTO) aren't allowed in at all until they are over 20 years old.

Makes it hardly worth it to go through all that to get a rust-free car like a 6th gen Accord. Something more valuable, like a 69 GTO or something, I can see making more sense. People do it all the time.

Americans are lucky, you guys pretty much get to do whatever the hell you want when it comes to modding and importing cars.

Except California. Dear Cali: I feel your pain, but at least it's not rusty there lol.

I would think your left coast stuff would be OK. Yeah, it rains all the time but assuming you stay out of the mountains, I would think you could find older cars that haven't been raped by salt. Gotta be pretty bad in Ontario though. It's PA but colder. I'll bet your rust has rust.

Connie

Reaction score
I would think your left coast stuff would be OK. Yeah, it rains all the time but assuming you stay out of the mountains, I would think you could find older cars that haven't been raped by salt. Gotta be pretty bad in Ontario though. It's PA but colder. I'll bet your rust has rust.

Yeah, you're right. People do bring cars from out west; Alberta and BC is a far better climate for rust. These cars fetch a premium in Ontario. But remember Canada is friggin big; it's 2,667 miles by car to Vancouver from my house. Mexico is half as far.

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
Yeah, you're right. People do bring cars from out west; Alberta and BC is a far better climate for rust. These cars fetch a premium in Ontario. But remember Canada is friggin big; it's 2,667 miles by car to Vancouver from my house. Mexico is half as far.

Yeah, but you still need to seal it up, or it'll rust almost as fast as the car you're currently driving.
Yes, Connie does have rust on it's rust (LF fender). Mine has some of that too, but my Geo definitely does have it.:henry:

I was talking with a friend a couple of days ago, and did some quick numbers in my head. I've owned over 35 vehicles since I've had my license. I've had everything from a 68 Pontiac Le Mans Tempest, to a 99 Accord (newest car I bought) and a bunch in between. Can't forget about all the trucks I've owned as well, as there were quite a few of them over the last 15 years. Hell, my 97 S-10 was 1 of the few I hung onto for 9 years. Must have been that 4.3 X engine. Well that and I went cross country in it quite a few times hauling back parts and cars. :)

Back