Horn sensor

RayRay

Reaction score
So my dad just took my 01 accord lx to a friend of his to check out why my horn isnt working he said that it was my sensor, does anybody know how much this is going to cost to replace, and also when i bought the car, it was working fine until a month later, it just stopped, is it really the sensor thats broken?

finch13

Reaction score
There is no horn sensor.

Basic horn circuits use a) the switch in the steering wheel to ground the circuit and/or b) the security system grounds the circuit.

The guy likely meant the horn relay which is a common thing to wear out over time. I believe it's found in the engine bay fuse box.

The horns sit in front of the condenser, they will rust over time and stop functioning. A good test would be to unplug the horns and have someone press the steering wheel cover while you check for power at the harness.

Last edited:

RayRay

Reaction score
thanks, so im guessing its not going to cost like 200-300 just to fix it then like the guy said? & if it is the relay, how much would that cost to replace?

RayRay

Reaction score
Also if this helps, i was driving a month ago and the horn still wasnt working but i was making a U-Turn and accidently hit the horn while turning and the horn went off but it went back to not working, Does that narrow down what could be wrong with it?

Drift

Reaction score
I bet its the clock spring. Not the relay. The clock spring is on the steering column under the wheel.

finch13

Reaction score
I bet its the clock spring. Not the relay. The clock spring is on the steering column under the wheel.

It could be either, which is why I said to check for power at the horn. Easiest way to diagnose where the problem is.

Don't forget to disconnect the battery and let the car sit for 45 minutes before tinkering around the SRS airbag system.

Back