What'd you do to your accord today?

001Stunna

Reaction score
Did an oil change and found out the waterpump has leaked at some time but i didn't really look at it carefully/didnt notice it before until today. I'm pretty sure it was during the summer when i found my coolant float tank on MIN one day. It was dry already though and no wet coolant anywhere along the stream, car doesn't overheat ever either so i'm hoping nothing bad comes of it till the summer so i can do both belt and waterpump together.
Suggestions?Input?
img00140201101031611.jpg

Jephu

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
-replaced some burnt out led interior courtesy bulbs.
-replaced the rear passenger brake light bulb holder which fixed the "brake lamp" indicator light to finally turn off.

Last edited:

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
001Stunna said:
Did an oil change and found out the waterpump has leaked at some time but i didn't really look at it carefully/didnt notice it before until today. I'm pretty sure it was during the summer when i found my coolant float tank on MIN one day. It was dry already though and no wet coolant anywhere along the stream, car doesn't overheat ever either so i'm hoping nothing bad comes of it till the summer so i can do both belt and waterpump together.
Suggestions?Input?
img00140201101031611.jpg
Its leaking because u need to change it out. Thats how u know when a water pump is on its way out, it leaks out a little hole

001Stunna

Reaction score
Its leaking because u need to change it out. Thats how u know when a water pump is on its way out, it leaks out a little hole

Yeah i thought about it last night after reading up on pump issues and the little weep hole that pumps seem to have etc and decided not to push my luck with things...ended up ordering the parts for timing belt/water pump change. It sucks cause i just did them at 120xxxkm and now again at 200xxxkm. was hoping they'd last for at least 100xxxkm.

Question though, i ordered timing belt/water pump/balance belt/timing belt tensioner and spring, balance belt tensioner and spring. I didn't order the P/S and A/C belt as they were just changed this past summer. However are both tensioners and the springs for them worth replacing as well for both balance belt and timing belt? if not it would mean saving about $100 in parts lol

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
I usually change drive belts if they show signs of cracking. I dont really go by miles with those.

I would just replace all of those parts u listed if they have not been replaced already. Bearings, tensioners and springs reAlly should just be replaced every 10 yrs or 100k anyways.

Back