Build up of F23.

99CcordMTF23

Reaction score
So, the cg5 is making me angry. I am sick of it acting up so I figured now would be the perfect Time to just build up the motor.

Question time. How well do you think a set of eagle H beams, and a set of 86mm je pistons for a k20a3 would work out in the f23 block? The pistons I was looking at were 11:1 compression. And the rods are a like two millimeters shorter. So I have no idea what compression that would yield. As far as the block, I'm Pretty sure the f23 has iron walls. That's how it looked last time I was In there. Because eventually it will get some boost. Until then I want an unbreakable fully forged and balanced monster(not) but I never want to worry about a piston again. Lol any ideas, tips, ect would be appreciated. My info was obtained from the sticky info thread.

Side question. Someone said you can boost an accord with an apexi vafc and make it work? I call bull****... Any info?

Thank you guys.

Last edited:

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You can't boost on 11:1 compression or with the VAFC.

Last time I checked Eagle doesn't make rods for our motors either.

99CcordMTF23

Reaction score
I know you can't boost high compression. And I was talking about k20a3 rods and pistons. The rods are 2mm shorter, which would lower the compression. I was asking how much. Apparently I wasn't specific.

99CcordMTF23

Reaction score
Why would anyone do either? Let alone both. Is anyone going to answer my question, or keep stating the obvious?

K20a3 forged pistons and rods in an f23 block. Will it work successfully. And for **** sake it won't have 11:1 compression if the rods are 2mm short. I just want to know what the f*cking compression would be afterwards. Jesus Christ you guys. Lol

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Compression calculators only work if you have ALL of the minute details and can put them in to get the value. If you are missing something, it will be thrown off. Good luck using one.

Isn't there a simpler rule of thumb to go by about how much the compression would drop?

I see your question OP, and I was also wondering the same thing when selecting my build parts.. It makes sense that the compression would drop significantly enough to handle boost, but this would need to be confirmed. If this is the case, I may also go that route because K series rods from Eagle are like $400 tops, wheras the ONLY rods for the F23 are Crower and are nearly $800..

I was wondering about the answer to this question as well, but failed to ask in detail.

Back