17x9 +12 or 17x9.5 +12

chino581991

Reaction score
I'm going to finally get wheels soon and was wondering how much more fender work I would have to do.

My ride height is around 23" front and rear from ground to fender. Fenders are already rolled and slight pull. I have yet to relocate the bumper tabs yet.

I'm sure with what I've already done with the car, the 17x9 +12 should fit no problem. Will be running 205/45 with that size. Question is will the 17x9.5 +12 fit (not hitting coilover)? My guess is that I'll have to pull the fenders out more or should I find a higher offset so they don't poke as much. I'll be getting 215/40 or 215/45.

Also as for appearance, I'm looking for a little poke. The car will be dropped an inch with the new wheels, maybe a little more

Still deciding between sports bronze rota grid ik-r or hyper black varrstoen es220. Feel free to throw your opinions

Last edited:

White6GAV6

Reaction score
Definitely going to need to relocate the bumper tabs with either one. I believe the 9.5 +12 will fit without hitting the coilover but I'm not really sure. Will also have to pull the fenders more with either wheel, not sure what your current wheel specs are right now. And I would go with the Varrstoens because Rotas are known to crack a lot. Think about any other color than hyper black? They offer custom powder coating.

Oh, and you could have just posted this in the Wheel Fitment Thread, that is what it was made for.

Last edited:

truWarier02

Reaction score
Even with 17x9 +30 at 23", there's plenty of space between wheel and coilover (f2 type1).

With a +12 offset, you could probably fit your whole head in between.

Chris Vu

Reaction score
Ok so .. Those specs should be fine for you to run. Im 23.5" from fender to ground and I'm running 9.5+30 so if you go +12 then it will push it further away from the coil over. However, I do hit my coil overs sometimes .. Not sure why though .. They seem like they have enough clearance. I also run about 3.8 degrees of negative camber. Anyways, on to the next topic .. You should have waited to get the wheels you want before pulling your fenders. The person doing it can get your fender to be exactly at what you need rather than just pulling it for no reason. And lastly, get the varrstoens if you can. And you will HAVE to relocate your bumper tab.

Hi Davis ! You posted at the same time as me lol.

Akingkhan

Reaction score
Do you plan on driving straight or turning every now & agin?
Sorry rhetorical question you will rub on your fenders & when you turn you will see the tire pushing the fender out.

What coilovers do you have & yes it does make a difference. Is your car a daily driver?

chino581991

Reaction score
Sorry for posting in the wrong section, got a little excited when I posted lol

Currently I'm still on stock alloy wheels on ff type 2s. Ill also be running all natural camber as well. Hopefully when I get my wheels, I didn't pull my fenders too much to ruin the fitment.

This is a daily driven car and I already experience rubbing so I'm not too concerned about that.

Thanks for the responses so far guys, much appreciated. Leaning towards the varrstoens most likely, probably 17x9 since it'll be easier on my car as a DD, unless you guys can convince me to 17x9.5 :jae: and yes, I do know they do custom powder coating but my coworker knows someone that can do it so I was gonna save some money and just get them painted bronze later (my car is DEP) not a big fan of matte black since its so over done

LowerMyCG5

Reaction score
at 23' it will be a tight fit on the 9. youd have to go lower to around 22.5 ish. Ask me how i know...

the 9.5 +12 wont look right at that height since its alot more aggressive

chino581991

Reaction score
at 23' it will be a tight fit on the 9. youd have to go lower to around 22.5 ish. Ask me how i know...

the 9.5 +12 wont look right at that height since its alot more aggressive

How is the rubbing with 205/45? Would I be able to get away with 215/45

LowerMyCG5

Reaction score
How is the rubbing with 205/45? Would I be able to get away with 215/45

215 would bee way too beefy. as for the rubbing it rubs on turns up front of course and my driver rear rubs inside the wheel well. but thats only because of soft suspension.

if your not willing to go super low, and -4 to 5 camber then look for something less agressive

Back