Moog End Links
2003 Acura TL Sway Bar

Interior/ICE

2006 Honda Civic OEM Navigation
6 Channel JL Amp
Oxygen Speakers
Euro-R Momo Steering Wheel
Custom Perforated Door Panels
Blacked Out Interior DIY (Door Panels, Pillars, Headliner and Carpet)
2003 Acura TL Type-S Dashboard And Center Console
Recaro Euro-R Seats

Cosmetic

Window Tint (20% Sides / 5% Rear)
Painted Silver Brake Calipers
Aftermarket Black Housing Headlights
Bayson R full OE Front Lip
"OEM" JDM Visor Rain Guards
***( Not USDM OEM Guys LOL,... Lets Leave That Topic Alone)***
Flush Trunk Spoiler
Euro-R Side Skirts
Euro-R Rear Lip
RSX Wheels
Power Folding Mirrors

Current Project(s)

Finishing Up Dashboard Wiring

Future Mods

Looking Into Magna-Flow Cat-Back For The Auto Or Apexi If I Get The Manual
Rear Sway Bar (Newer TL)
Repaint Car
RL Or TL Brakes
Looking And Saving For The 6-Speed
Retro-Fit Lights

This Is my 2001 Honda Accord. I'am the second owner. I got it in 2007 from the secretary from my old job. Very clean adult driven...BUT started getting the tranny issues. My brother always tastefully modded his accord and i never paid no mind to it. He always told me "Drop IT and RIMS"... I Ignored him. The only mod i did was tint it and a OEM hood bra and it stood like that for almost 2 years. During that time I looked around for tranny fixes and repairs and found the 6-speed dream. That is when my brother told me "YES the CL is a good swap"!!!. He said its a must have swap for the V6. He compared it to the h22 for the 4 banger accord. (Not in performance, just that 4 Cycle cars swap in the H22 just as the V6 swap the CL without much issues and its an upgrade). The only thing at the time i really couldn't afford a 4-6 Grand swap. So the car stood as-is driving it like a grandma. Now the modding began... first thing I got was the Momo steering wheel. What a great feeling wheel!!! Very sporty and nice looking. Then Power folding mirrors, side markers, blacked out interior, TL shifter, TL cluster, TL Seats...and finally dropped it on FF1'S with RSX rims ( I know I Know, I'm just not so interested in Fancy rims, I have OCD and the Stocky C*ocky Motto) Don't get me wrong i wouldn't mind a nice set, but i KNOW I WONT keep them on. More like eye candy LOL. Anyways here are a few pics guys. Not the greatest pics but it'll do.

Pictures

When I First Got The Car

picture.php

Then This Happens (excuse the language its frustrating)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tViyIuqm7wk&feature=youtu.be

Then I Thought If i Changed My DESTROYED Motor Mounts It Would Help...NOPE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJjm7qeGpuk&feature=youtu.be

They Where In BAD SHAPE!!!

picture.php

Those Mounts Made Me Buy My First Craftsman Tool Kit, And The Modding Began...

Since The Mounts Where That Bad I Did The Rotors And Brakes, Ignition Coils, Spark Plugs (I Did My Oil Regularly) Kinda Like A Little Tune Up.

picture.php

Came Out Decent Being Its The First Thing I Did Anything By Myself With Tools On A Car At The Time LOL

picture.php

Then A New Radio (Nothing Fancy)

picture.php

I Loved The TL Perforated, So I Got 1 Door Panel To Try... Such A Headache, I Hate This Door Panel LOL (This One Specifically).. More To Come Soon, You'll See What I Did To This Panel.

picture.php

Got The TL Shifter And Cluster

picture.php

picture.php

The OEM Heated Switch Bezel To Go With My TL Seats
(Any Canadian Members I Need This Bezel And Switches With Pigtails Again Let Me Know Your Prices)

picture.php

I Blacked Out My Interior (Black Should Of Been An Option From The Factory!)

picture.php

picture.php

A Close Up Of My Custom Perforated Door Panel

picture.php

They Took Out My Mirror And A Little Dent On My Door One Night. So My Dad Helped Me With Side Markers, (My Neighbor Being Silly Bothering My Old Man)

picture.php

Then I Saw This Online..... THAT WAS WHEN I LOST MY MIND...

picture.php

I Ordered The Headlights (DID NOT FIT) Visors, Side Skirts (Worked On), Rear Lip (Worked On), Steering Wheel. I Had To Stop There, To Much Work Needed For Proper Fitment, Nothing Fits (Except The Visors, And Wheel) So I Didn't Order The Fenders Or Flares. My Brothers CD5 EVERYTHING HE GETS JDM Is Basically Plug And Play. :kenny: :321:

The Side Skirts

picture.php

How They Fit Without Modifying It, For Those Who Want To Try.
You Can See They Are A Bit To Short.

picture.php

The Rear Lip, Once Again For Those That Want To Give It A Shot. This IS A Visual. With Some Temp Fiberglass For Fitment Purposes.

picture.php

My Old Man Giving Me Some Pointers On Body Work.

picture.php

Getting THERE!! (At This Point Still Needed Better Front Lip Fitment)

picture.php

A Few More Fixes

picture.php

OK... Almost Ready... Needs Paint... (No Rush)

Now The Car Looks Like This

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

2013 I Got Addicted To Going To Junk Yards...

picture.php

Because I Got To Play With Things Like This...

picture.php

That Made This Happen :blah:...

picture.php

BECAUSE.....:eekwtf:

picture.php

But It Was A Rebuilt Tranny By Acura And It Wasn't The Oil Jet Kit, For The Price I Got It For Forget THE DASHBOARD!!! (So Far So Good)

That Lead To This...

picture.php

Excuse The Mess I Made
(And Thank You Omar For The garage Space To Store This Dirty Junk)

picture.php

J32A2 In My Accord... You Can See The Rebuilt Sticker On The Transmission

picture.php

And About The Dashboard, I Did Not Forget It. I Have OCD (Even Thou The Car Looks Like Crap For Now) I Couldn't Have That Dashboard Torn Like That. That Is When I Ran Into DH48 And Brad2274 From This Site (Which I Joined And Never Introduced Myself, I Will) And That Was IT. I Bought My TL Dash And Transformed My Interior.

picture.php

And I Must Say I Fell In Love With The Car...

picture.php

picture.php

THANKS A LOT TO THE SITE!!!
Any Feedback Or Comments Welcome...

And Valet... They Are OEM Visors...:hidesbehindsofa: LOL JK...

Little Update,

Finished my memory seating... But also tried some Recaro seats, Comfy seats

picture.php

picture.php

Did my rear Recaro seats

picture.php

Cleaned Them up a Bit

picture.php

Excuse the mess working on some plastic pieces.

picture.php

Those leg extender things are the BEST lol

Update

Added Auto Dimming Compass Acura Mirror. It works I tested it, but I haven't added the wiring yet to it.

picture.php

A little video of it in action. Its no biggie alot of cars have this, but its nice to add little things that make it more appealing. Hard to tell due to the camera, but in person it dims nice and dark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mijtgPHHyc&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's been a while since I was really interested in one of these threads... Great job so far and keep it going.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
I really enjoy going through this ride thread. You have very x2 nice mod. I'm loving this car, in & out!

Quick question; What kind of trunk deck lid spoiler is that?? It looks similar to the 1st gen IS's but it's different.. It is indeed looking very "flush" as you say. :thumbsup:

luanster

Reaction score
Love it. How did you go about blacking out the interior? Mine is that beige color and I've always wanted a dark/black interior and was thinking of getting fabric/vinyl spray paint and try that but I'm too paranoid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I love all the innovation with this car and how you’ve fitted so many parts from other cars/countries. You’re the only person I’ve ever seen put a long block inside their car haha.

The perf door panel looks really good, would love a DIY guide on that. I have perf leather on my wheel and my shift knob, and have thought about doing tan perf leather on the door.

How did you change the color of the headliner? Some sort of spray tint?

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Awesome work with the project.

Nice to see you were able to do it yourself.

In for more details about the interior colour change as well.

Agreed, black interior should have been an option on the sedans.

Check with 'tknightt' about those TL parts you were looking for.

FNCONE

Reaction score
Very nicely done man. Loving the amount of work put in.

Thanks A Lot! Yes I love to work on it.

you work fast. nice work

FAST? lol I've had the car for a while and still haven't painted it (I don't have no rush to finish) It spends alot of time just sitting there. I KNOW when its done I'll definitely use it more. My friends ask me why i pay insurance for if its parked alot lol.

Its collecting dust and snow right now,
Thanks for the compliment

picture.php

It's been a while since I was really interested in one of these threads... Great job so far and keep it going.

I'll try and keep it going LOL. Cool it got you interested THANK YOU

I really enjoy going through this ride thread. You have very x2 nice mod. I'm loving this car, in & out!

Quick question; What kind of trunk deck lid spoiler is that?? It looks similar to the 1st gen IS's but it's different.. It is indeed looking very "flush" as you say. :thumbsup:

Thanks Man! I appreciate the comments. The trunk spoiler is an eBAY special from Raven Racing ? ( The seller i believe) BUT DONT QUOTE ME ON THAT. I was going for something flush on the trunk (Like the 08-12 Accords) and i ended up liking this wing a lot. Just searched eBAY and i really liked it for a cheap spoiler.
( I tried finding the item i didn't see it. If i do I'll tell you guys the sellers name)

Love it. How did you go about blacking out the interior? Mine is that beige color and I've always wanted a dark/black interior and was thinking of getting fabric/vinyl spray paint and try that but I'm too paranoid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The interior was a mission but i did it 1 part at a time. I started with the headliner then A-pillars and worked my way back to the C-pillars then the lower pillars, dashboard and center console. I used a company called SEM. I recommend this product!!! ITS JUST AN AMAZING PAINT/DYE!!!
i would advise you to stay away from the autozone fabric/vinyl spray paint. Im not bashing the paint but the SEM looks so much better and OEM'ish. It even dries to a OEM "FLAT" (not glossy) Plastic piece look.
The seats are black not DYED, and the headliner I wrapped, its not painted.

***Take one piece to start with and...

1.CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN,

2.WET SAND, WET SAND, WET SAND, (600 Grit lightly so you don't lose the grain pattern on plastic pieces, or 800 Grit Wet Dry paper of course)

3.CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN

4.spray in light coats till full coverage and let it DRY,

install it WITH CARE!!! and it will last after it "settles" (its elastic paint according to the can) and gets warm on those summer days.

Ill find some old pics and show you guys how i did it.

Just in case you want to know what i used...
SEM Prep cleaner
SEM Landau black (plastic trims)
SEM GM black for Leather parts like the dashboard (Its made for leather)

I love all the innovation with this car and how you’ve fitted so many parts from other cars/countries. You’re the only person I’ve ever seen put a long block inside their car haha.

The perf door panel looks really good, would love a DIY guide on that. I have perf leather on my wheel and my shift knob, and have thought about doing tan perf leather on the door.

How did you change the color of the headliner? Some sort of spray tint?

THANKS Ryder!
All this happened because i thought it would be plug and play like my brothers JDM parts for the 5th GEN accord. NOPE!!!

About the long block... saw it at the junk yard.... ran the VIN at acuraowners.com, i saw it was replaced, so that caught my attention. Called my friend that works at Lexus got a free Carfax, obviously it was totaled because it was at a junk yard:lolhitting: but i wanted to see mileage and maintenance. 150 on the clock and dealer maintained!!! IT was not the OIL jet kit (the TL's semi-fix for the tranny) and what made me put it in my car and damage my dash?.... i paid only 500!!! engine, tranny, ecu, cluster, and wiring. I SAID TO HELL WITH THE DASH!!! I shoved it in there (V12!) i even left my PASSENGER SEAT IN THE JUNK YARD!!! LOL

picture.php

I love the perforated leather door panels. They are custom but i did not do the perforated lol. (DIY POKE HOLES INTO YOUR LEATHER:henry:) i ordered black perforated leather (REAL NICE SMELLING LEATHER!!!!) then I just removed the leather part (its just screws on the sedan) and had an upholstery shop do the sewing while i SEM dyed my bottom half door panels. Screwed them back together and said....wow...

I'll try and find my old hard drives. I got a ton of pictures when i was doing the interior. (this was like 5 years ago i think)

NO paint on the headliner. I just stripped the old grey material (had a cigarette burn from the first owner that killed me inside) and ordered black headliner material...picture the SAME material as OEM just black. My picture doesn't do it justice.

I will find the pics i have that on pics also.

Amazing progress!

THANK YOU SIR

Awesome work with the project.

Nice to see you were able to do it yourself.

In for more details about the interior colour change as well.

Agreed, black interior should have been an option on the sedans.

Check with 'tknightt' about those TL parts you were looking for.

THANKS MAN! I will get my pics together for more info on the interior.

Last edited:
Back