Mr. Cleanswap's 03 CL-S Engine & 6spd Swap -> 01 Accord EX V6 Auto

sr5guy

Reaction score
^+1

What all needs to happen to make the RDX injectors work?

Piggyback/EMS/ECU reflash. The injectors themselves should plug and play with an adapter hat and wire harness adapter.

ECU reflash is the best because you can then compensate for the injector dead times (latency).

-Matt

sr5guy

Reaction score
RDX Injectors DIY

I was told the RDX injectors do not require the fuel rails to be upgraded unless you are boosting, and then you would need to upgrade the fuel pump as well.

I just want to get a second opinion on that.

Holy ****, that's borderline hacking, there has to be a cleaner way to install them.

-Matt

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Piggyback/EMS/ECU reflash. The injectors themselves should plug and play with an adapter hat and wire harness adapter.

ECU reflash is the best because you can then compensate for the injector dead times (latency).

-Matt

So pnp but not, lol. Are you able to fab the adapters needed, and is that something that’s easy enough for anyone to install? Or how in depth is this, actually?

Sorry, I’m not fuel systems proficient.

sr5guy

Reaction score
So pnp but not, lol. Are you able to fab the adapters needed, and is that something that’s easy enough for anyone to install? Or how in depth is this, actually?

Sorry, I’m not fuel systems proficient.

I wrongly assumed the injectors were similar to the Legends (which are PnP), but apparently they're shorty style. I have a junk J32 here I can take a look at when my new set comes in. I imagine with some creative use of large fat o-rings you could get them in without cutting into the body of the injector.

-Matt

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Holy ****, that's borderline hacking, there has to be a cleaner way to install them.

-Matt

I would like to think there is, but I'm not sure.

So far, it's the only way I have seen it done for the J-series.

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
Great work. I'll glad you posted the ecu stuff since I'm replacing my richie harness with the cl one. Great work

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I wrongly assumed the injectors were similar to the Legends (which are PnP), but apparently they're shorty style. I have a junk J32 here I can take a look at when my new set comes in. I imagine with some creative use of large fat o-rings you could get them in without cutting into the body of the injector.

-Matt

That would be great if you could confirm, because I decided to go ahead and get the RDX injectors.

Back