Windows roll down when key is out?

turboaccord98

Reaction score
Hey guys I just found this out today. My windows roll down and up when the key is not in. Also my sunroof can open without the key. This isn't normal is it?

I've had an electrical problem. My battery dies after about a week of not driving the car. I'm wondering if this could have anything to do with it. Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

knighthawk1104

Reaction score
maybe since your battery dies within a week...it's somehow providing power for the windows to roll up or down. just a guess...that is weird.

turboaccord98

Reaction score
Yeah that was what I was thinking. I don't get what could be causing it though. Maybe when I had my alarm installed they messed some of the wiring up idk.

knighthawk1104

Reaction score
who installed it? it's very possible they might have spliced wrong wires together or cut some wires and lefft them exposed. were they professionals? did they look like they knew exactly what they were doing? if anything i'd bring it back for them to check. if they can't find it then go somewhere else.

Narftastic

Reaction score
I thiink its normal mine does that too... It might be for safety.. Wen the doors are closed and the key is out u can open Or close the windows for like 2 min then it stop working.

turboaccord98

Reaction score
I had Best Buy put it in. I would think they know what they're doing but then again who knows. I just don't see what else it could be. I haven't really messed with any wiring other than vss wiring and clutch interlock bypass for the 5 speed swap. Neither of those should affect the windows and sunroof though.

turboaccord98

Reaction score
Yeah most cars you can roll the windows down right after you turn the car off but I can roll them up and down all day with the key out.

jeffpanya

Reaction score
so basically i think its normal drive around and stuff turn the car off take the key out moonroof and windows should still be powered, after awhile they will stop, or if you open your door.

Back