FS: Prelude Sport Shifter !!!!!!!!

Chris Vu

Reaction score
For sale is a Prelude Sport Shifter. They are a direct drop in for our accords, and I had it in my car for quite a while before my 5spd swap. If the buyer needs one, I will write a DIY. The shifter is in perfect working condition, there are however a couple scratches though, but not serious ones. Here come the pictures !

IMAG0209.jpg

IMAG0208.jpg

IMAG0207.jpg

IMAG0206.jpg

IMAG0205.jpg

IMAG0204.jpg

Price: $70 Local $80 Shipped Priority !

Chris Vu

Reaction score
How difficult is it to install it in our accord? I got a I4

Not hard at all. I can write a DIY for you, but all it is, is you take apart your center console until the OEM shifter is exposed. Disconnect all the wires/plugs leading to it, you hook up one of the plugs (It's pretty much plug and play. The plug controls the lock that locks the shifter until you press the brake.) Then it's up to you whether or not you want to hook up the shifter light. After you have it all hooked up, you're going to need some washers because this shifter sits lower than the OEM one. So what you need to do is put washers on the front bolts in order to raise the front of the shifter up. From here, you can use a shift boot and ANY manual transmission shift knob that you want. If you want to use the shifter cover, you will need to dremel a bit of the back of the center console so that it fits around the new shifter. Not a big deal tho. Once you've got all that done, just put it all together and you're done :) Difficulty = 3/10 .. Coilovers are harder to install than this lol.

EDIT: Here's a picture of it installed.
IMGP3558.jpg

Or you could go for the manual look and get a shift knob and shift boot, then it'll just look like a MT.

If I was auto, I owuld be all over this!!!!! Good luck with the sale!!!!

Thanks man !!!

Last edited:

Chris Vu

Reaction score
Will the tiptronik shifting work after instalation?

No sir. You would need to rewire a prelude's ecu in order for it to work. That's much more work than I'd like to put into something like this lol. Might aswell go 5spd if you're going to do that haha.

Back