wobble when accelerating.

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
so about a week ago my car started to wobble really bad on acceleration and hum in a straight line. I replaced the wheel bearing on the right front cause it had some play in it. got rid of the humming, but still the vibrations are there. I also had some new tie rod ends lying around since mine have been shot since winter, so i replaced those while I was doing the wheel bearing. wobble's still there....Check both axles for torn boots and nothing. Then I did some research and read that they can fail without the boot ripping. Driver's side was replaced with a new axle in January and the passenger side has had the same axle since I've owned the car. So I replaced the passenger side axle. still has the wobble.... :explode: Wtf am I missing here? Only thing else I can think of is driver's side inner cv, alignment, or an out of balanced tire. :furious:

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
its coming from the front end, and I just rotated the tires from front to back and there's still wobble in the front end. so its not a wheel/tire issue

G'sAccord01

Reaction score
^^ +1 I've had that happen before take it somewhere else ... does the wobble get worse when you brake? it might be the rotors ... thats all i could think of besides the obvious which im sure you checked like bad tires in anyway (bubble or worn down) ... lift your car and move your wheel see if there any play

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
no play in the wheels at all. I'm thinking lower ball joint since it had a small tear in it, or alignment issues since it pulls slightly to the right. or maybe the driver's side inner cv since thats what it feels like from my past experience with worn inner cv's

nsjames

Reaction score
no play in the wheels at all. I'm thinking lower ball joint since it had a small tear in it, or alignment issues since it pulls slightly to the right. or maybe the driver's side inner cv since thats what it feels like from my past experience with worn inner cv's

my first inclination was ball joint.

Is it something you feel in the steering wheel or just in the floorboards?

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
the whole front end shakes violently the steering wheel shakes and I can feel it in the pedals. my driver's side axle is under waranty so I'm going to pick up one tonight and see if that fixes it. Also gettin an alignment this week sometime since the car needs it. if that doesn't fix it then the only thing left is ball joints.

jwong512

Reaction score
Are you sure it's not your rotors? You said you can feel it through your pedals too so I'm assuming it might be your front brake rotors that are warped to an extreme extent.

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
Are you sure it's not your rotors? You said you can feel it through your pedals too so I'm assuming it might be your front brake rotors that are warped to an extreme extent.

He DID say under acceleration, not braking.

Probably your passenger side axle. My car is doing the same thing. It the vibration is particularly bad under hard acceleration going through first and second gear around the top of the torque curve and then it evens out. IIRC the passenger side axle is the primary drive axle, at least on the J series engines it is.

Back