H22 Swap

GlassJAw

Reaction score
Can you not run some sort of water cooling setup like they have over computer ECU's, around the motors??

Reaction score
Sounds like you went through hell. but I'll be honest, this IS THE MOST DETAILED h22 swap into 6th gen accord i've read. I've been looking through search engines, google and all for months now. No website or forum could go into the detail you did. At best prior to finding your post, I could piece together what needed to be done, or do like other forums who say reference the 5th gen thread. Your post filled in ALOT of gaps and on top of that you got Pictures! I'm taking up this swap in a month or two with my boy. He swapped in a k20 into a fit. Just having him there for moral support/backup is enough. I don't know anybody that's done a swap 100%the first time, so I won't get discouraged at the first CEL plus I'm not in a big hurry since I have a backup car and no big race to prep for. any other tips or things you found after the swap? And thanks for taking time to post this. 6th gen accords need more guys like you.

Drift

Reaction score
Sounds like you went through hell. but I'll be honest, this IS THE MOST DETAILED h22 swap into 6th gen accord i've read. I've been looking through search engines, google and all for months now. No website or forum could go into the detail you did. At best prior to finding your post, I could piece together what needed to be done, or do like other forums who say reference the 5th gen thread. Your post filled in ALOT of gaps and on top of that you got Pictures! I'm taking up this swap in a month or two with my boy. He swapped in a k20 into a fit. Just having him there for moral support/backup is enough. I don't know anybody that's done a swap 100%the first time, so I won't get discouraged at the first CEL plus I'm not in a big hurry since I have a backup car and no big race to prep for. any other tips or things you found after the swap? And thanks for taking time to post this. 6th gen accords need more guys like you.

Right on Man! Thanks for the response. I'm glad that you found this thread useful! I actually had a bunch of other pictures but they were imagestation and that site closed. So I lost a lot of pics.

Good Luck!

Reaction score
Man that sucks...but still you have way more detail than most forums. I mean who know the fuel pressure for our cars was that much higher! So far this would be day zero...basically going through my harnes with colored tape and lables to everything. Once the motor gets here I can pull mine out and work on that driverside mount. Any way I was wondering since none of the others really mentioned this or were just vague, how did you tackle the exhaust end? My intial thoughts were to treat it like a prelude, header, downpipe cat, catback exhaust. basically replace the entire accord exhaust system with a prelude system BUT, I'm not sure everything would line up. I've read though that taking it to a shop and have them work the down pipe to our accord cat works. Other than that I'm following the master.

jaron001

Reaction score
you know what i dont even think ive ran my ac since the swap when i was done it was winter and right before it got hot i ripped the car apart to do a whole bunch of stuff.

hey drift the f23 AC is what you use right?

Drift

Reaction score
Dont know if u covered it before but how much would u charge to make the drivers side mount? PM me plz with details

If anyone is interested in the H22 Drivers side Mount please PM ME for details.

The Price is $100. You need to supply the stock H22 mount, and I will modify it. Shipping is not included.

bdeitemeyer

Reaction score
If anyone is interested in the H22 Drivers side Mount please PM ME for details.

The Price is $100. You need to supply the stock H22 mount, and I will modify it. Shipping is not included.

So every time the mount needs to be replaced, this custom work is necessary? What's the solution to avoiding that?

Back