Where's the fuse on oem fog lights?

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Really, I used to have oem fog lights. When I swapped the front end, I ditched the fogs (outside) but kept the swich (inside). The fogs were controlled by a single wire, I think, so I'm using that for a DRL hack.

Then I can use the switch, after I hack the switch to turn on w/ ignition instead of lights.

I have the lights, I haven't hacked the switch, yet. But the wire doesn't get 'hot', not even the switch turns on. So I have to be in need of power to it, so I check the fuse first...

...then where is the fuse at!

I'm probly dumb, I looked last evening, and I'm looking now, but unless I update this, I still haven't found it.

FNCONE

Reaction score
if its oem this should help

V6

i4

should be similiar

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Damn, I just spent hours out there!

But no, your image would not have helped.

Here's what I have:

Turn on headlights, it turns on yellow/black.

Yellow/black feeds TWO sides of a relay
-coil side sees gnd through a brn/blk wire (that sees a diode and turns orange before gnd, not important)
-switched side is blue

Then blue goes to push button switch
Switched side goes green

Green goes out the firewall, to the fogs.

So there is no seperate fuse, afaik, whatever yellow/black is. But that's the one I need to hack to some ign power instead (and fuse!).

As for push button lights...there were two (why? IDK)...they were both burned out! They had power though, whatever yel/blk is...

Oh well, it got pretty late, so I put it all back together. Tomorrow, my hacking resumes! Oh, and I gotta see the dealer for some new button bulbs, I guess...

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Oh, and there are some more wires to the button, small red ones, they are probly for a light in it. I'm guessing that one light is on with the switch (the wires I just mentioned), the other light turns on with all other dash lights. IDK yet, I'll update when I get more bulbs :p

FNCONE

Reaction score
after the relay are u getting a hot leg?

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Nice, that's what I thought I needed!

But no, mine are factory (were) not dealer. It's alright, I got it.

I'll make sure I update this when the DRL hack finishes up tonight.

Back