99 accord driver side mount rattle

Tubatime

Reaction score
i have a 99 accord 2.3 5pd. i recently broke the driver side mount and change it with the car making a loud clunking noise from mount(have checked and reinstalled mount to make sure all bolts are tight) still make the noise the front and pass side mount were bad so i change them today hoping my noise would go away which has not. putting a socket over the mount and moving side to side you can hear the noise so i took apart mount look good.. Is this a common problem or iam i not doing something right??? or is it cause of aftermarket mount?? the rod that comes out the mount i was able to move any way by hand is this suppose to do that oringial was snaped in half...this noise is driving me nuts and beating up the bracket it attaches to whick i would suspect break after time from metal to metal sound..any help thanks

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well, some proper english and grammar skills would've helped me read that faster and better understand what it is you're talking about. If you've already changed the three major mounts there isn't a whole lot left.

Tubatime

Reaction score
Sorry about the grammar. The rear mount looks to be good. I have replaced the front,passenger, and drivers mounts. As i let the clutch out the mount rattle and clunks. I have taken apart and reinstalled to check mout out. The driver mount threaded rod seems to not be tighten enough and also i can move very easily around(meaning bracket is uninstalled. Is there a proper sequence to how it should be installed, is it i may have a defected or cheap mount. Thanks for any help

Back