Car dies randomly, no warning

Nissan2anAccord

Reaction score
okay, i did try searching however the search kept screwing up for some reason??? had Http error or soemthing...

anyway... this has happened twice... either i went to go start my car after its been in a parking lot and it refuse to turn over... the car is trying but its like no fuel is getting in, eventually shake the car and she turns over... (i know wierd) and then im driving home through a snow storm, turn off into a subdivision to let the idiots pass by and im turning around (just stopped and shifted into reverse) the car RPM's drop to rough 300-400 and then engine cuts out... i sit there trying to start car and shaking it like last time, left hood up to let some heat escape, and then it randomy turns back over after 10min of trying/ sitting there

grandfather thinks its either Vapor lock or bad gas... have added heet since and good gas... need other opinions if it happens again...

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Nissan2anAccord said:
okay, i did try searching however the search kept screwing up for some reason??? had Http error or soemthing...

anyway... this has happened twice... either i went to go start my car after its been in a parking lot and it refuse to turn over... the car is trying but its like no fuel is getting in, eventually shake the car and she turns over... (i know wierd) and then im driving home through a snow storm, turn off into a subdivision to let the idiots pass by and im turning around (just stopped and shifted into reverse) the car RPM's drop to rough 300-400 and then engine cuts out... i sit there trying to start car and shaking it like last time, left hood up to let some heat escape, and then it randomy turns back over after 10min of trying/ sitting there

grandfather thinks its either Vapor lock or bad gas... have added heet since and good gas... need other opinions if it happens again...
Vapor lock is liquid fuel turning to a gas, it disrupts the fuel pressure and flow. Occures in high altitudes where the boiling point is low, or something heating up the gas.

Sometimes using winter gas in the summer can cause this.

Vapor lock is way way more common in carburated vehicles by the way.

mkdb89-02se

Reaction score
ok a freind had the same problem and hope this helps, he wld b driving and everything turns off for a breif momment,(roughly 5 sec) and turns back on, at work somtimes it wont start at all he had to shoot carb cleaner/starterfluid to get her to start, turned out he changes tha ignition switch, and problem hasnt happened again,

my car on the other hand had a problem starting in heat, that turned out to b the efi main relay had bad conections

both of these are well known problems for our cars, as well as auto tranny ha ha

gl bro

claybird

Reaction score
Ya dude it's the ignition. I bet u have a huge key chain and it has ruined the tumbler over the years. Take it to Honda and there is a minor recall on it but u will still end up paying money like 3-5 hundred

J30MAN

Reaction score
+1 on the ignition...local honda dealer warned my mom about this when they saw her putting her keys/keychains over to her honda keys when we bought the accord.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
the ignition switch and the thing you put your key in are different. i could see heavy keychains and such on the key ****ing up the tumblers, but that would only make the key hard to turn, not randomly shut the car off and have trouble starting...those are things an ignition switch does. it screws up because it becomes corroded.​

Nissan2anAccord

Reaction score
funny thing is it never did this before... i went to honda like a week ago and had them do the recall on the ignition switch, in fact i was the poaster of the recall for the ignition switch and btw, i dont have a huge key chain with keys, its literally the key fob to unlock/ lockthe doors and the key

i lead to simple of a life to have a huge key chain as to what your refering to

Back