BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
For the subaru:

Brand & model: DDM Tuning 35w 6000k kit
Price paid and from where: DDM's site - $80 I think
Pros: I can see everything
Cons: Had a ballast/bulb go out - but were promptly replaced by DDM
Final verdict: Would and am buying from them again.

Brand & model: Nokya 2500k yellow bulbs (high beams)
Price paid and from where: Ebay
Pros: Great for snow, swapped them over from the accord. With the hid kit it looks like daylight on even the darkest roads.
Cons: none
Final verdict: would buy again

Brand & model: PIAA 2500k yellow bulbs (fog)
Price paid and from where: summit racing, $30?
Pros: work great with the HID's for driving in fog
Cons: none
Final verdict:

TUBHMOOBVAJ

Reaction score
Brand & model: DDM Tuning 55w 6000k kit
Price paid and from where: www.ddmtuning.com $80 with shipping
Pros: The output is really good, I can see further and no need for high beans in darker roads.
Cons: None...haven't had anyone flash me yet so that's good.
Final verdict: I would recommend it except not with reflectors. The light output spreads everywhere with no control. The extra wattage didn't wash the tint of Blue, the Blue is still present and very sexy. Would buy again!

photo4.jpg

Brand & model: Nokya 2500k yellow bulbs (high beams)
Price paid and from where: www.racinglab.com $30.00
Pros: Makes the car look good and helpful during rainny weather or in area with no street lights.
Cons: With HID's you barelly know the difference unless you're in a area with no street lights, super dark!
Final verdict: It's good, gives it a good JDM look. Would buy again.

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

iDriftYou

Reaction score
Brand: DDM Raptor V2
Price: 52$ Bought Last year
Pros: Great Kit! Light output is awesome in TYC's.
Cons: One ballast failed after 6 months
Ex: DDM is awesome. I went to their Huntington beach location today, they replaced both of my ballasts (1 good, 1 bad) without asking a single question. Awesome people, will be down there for sure to pick up another kit for Fogs.

BoyBlue

Reaction score
Brand & model: Depo 01-02 coupe Fog lights
Price paid and from where: $148.95 Amazon.com
Pros:Fits just like OEM. (I'm sure there is a bit of a diffrence but I'm not sure of what it would be).
Cons: Light output from the light it came with sux (IMO)
Final verdict: The lights are made from Depo so the quality is very good. The wire instalation didn't go so smoothe because the intructions in one step is not clear. It says somthing about a wire on the driver side then it talks about it being under the airbox, but it shows you a pic of the driver side of a 4 cyl accord. I just wired my fogs in with my parking lights. The lights that it came with the kit do not put out enough light for my taste but I just got some aftermaket ones and fixed the problem. The kit also came with the adjuster screws already monted on the light housings but I had to take them off and flip them around.

I am happy with the product in it self and being from Depo I can't se it being bad quality (after all Depo dose make nice quality headlight housings). I would recomend anyone to get them but keep in mind that i'm not sure how the looks compare to real OEM.

Last edited:

swift07

Reaction score
Brand & model: VVME 6000k HID Kit from Ebay
Price paid and from where: Ebay $58.99 shipped
Pros: Good price for back in 2008, easy to install, Still works
Cons: shipping from asia forever
Final verdict: Bought this set back in 08 and had them on my cb7.

Brand & model: Ebay 01-02 4dr OEM Style yellow fog lights
Price paid and from where: ebay seller ky.motoring $52.85
Pros: Looks good. Great fitment. Good quality and lense is glass.
Cons: Didn't come with brackets(didn't expect them to include that anyways). Switch is generic doesn't fit right
Final verdict:Very easy to install following the diy on this site. Looks good and good for the price.

Brand & model: DDM Tuning 35w 6000k kit
Price paid and from where: www.ddmtuning.com $42 shipped
Pros: More output then my previous vvme kit. Lifetime warranty!
Cons:Took a while to receive order but for the price it's worth the wait
Final verdict:pure white with a small hint of blue. Easy to install

Brand & model: DDM Tuning 35w 3000k kit
Pros: Very bright yellow. Lifetime warranty
Cons:None
Final verdict:Great output looks good in fogs

Brand & model: Nokya 2500k Yellow Bulbs (9005)
Price paid and from where: Ebay seller optionstage4u $15.49
Pros: Great output, pure yellow.
Cons: None.
Final verdict: Looks good. Bulb is yellow so gives the jdm yellow high beam look at certain angles.

Last edited:

Ilovemy6thgen

Reaction score
Brand & model: DDM Tuning 35w 8000k kit
Pros: Lifetime warranty!
Cons: None yet
Final verdict: Easy to install and overall great product!

av6_sm1ke

Reaction score
Brand & model: Morimoto H1 bi-xenon projectors, Morimoto 5000k bulbs, ballasts and harnesses.

Price paid and from where: I paid $305 shipped for the entire Stage III kit from theretrofitsource.com, but I think it may be cheaper now.

Pros: These things are absolutely fantastic. They were perfect for a first-time retrofitter like me, because I had to do very little to get them to fit. Quality is just as good, if not better than TSX projectors, and they are also bi-xenon, whereas TSXs are not. The projectors also come with a free set of shrouds, which fit almost perfectly in my headlights. Light output is more than I had expected in terms of color and intensity. 5000k is perfect for an aftermarket, but not ricey look.

Cons: None so far, I have only had them on for a few months

Final verdict: Well worth the money. These will definitely set your car apart from those with just HIDs, and you'll want to smack yourself for running HIDs in halogen reflectors. These light up the road better than my mom BMW X3, which come with projectors from the factory. On top of that, Matt is the man!

antaga

Reaction score
Brand & model: VVME 9006 5K HID for low beam, VVME 9005 6k HID for high beam

Price paid and from where: $60 with shipping for each set, paid online at http://www.vvme.com by payple..i beat the prices cuz i ordered 2 sets..

Pros: Looks awsome. Great compatibility to stock bulbs. Good quality and customer service.very easy to install,plug-and-play..no need of relay.

Cons: shipped to my door in 5 days ( they promise to 3 days)

Final verdict:Very easy to install following the installation instructions in this mail box. Looks amazing and good for the price.

Last edited:

Drew707

Reaction score
Brand & model: K-Light 6k 35w Hids
Price paid and from where: 80$ off a friend. 160$ off website
Pros: Very Nice White light output Small slight hint of blue. My friend has a different brand 6k 35w hid system and his are more Blue. Package was already assembled just Plug and Play. Strong beefy wires.
Cons: Large ballast compared to DDMs
Final verdict: Very nice hid System if your looking to spend 160$ brand new off the website. Color output is exactly what i was looking for.

Mikey

Reaction score
Brand & model: DDM Slim Ballasts 35W

Price paid and from where: $65shipped(with harness) www.ddmtuning.com

Pros:Cheap. Easy installation. Smaller ballasts.

Cons:One ballast was defective almost from day 1. It got better over the period of about 2 weeks but then cut out completely.

Final verdict:Sent both ballasts back to trade for the Apexcone "fatties".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brand & model: DDM Apexcone Ballasts 35W

Price paid and from where: FREE(replaced defective Slims) www.ddmtuning.com

Pros:Cheap. Easy installation.

Cons:Just got them in today. In a nice, cool box with no padding or anything. Just 2 fat ballasts, in a box. Hooked em up. Neither light worked. Swapped ballasts. Neither light worked.

Final verdict:Could be the bulbs. MAYBE. Im going to send both ballasts and both bulbs back and have them replaced. If the product i get back does not work, i am going for a refund.

Back