Anyone on F2's please help!!!!!!

Accord281

Reaction score
I just put my F2's on tonight but I have a problem. On the front, I threaded the bottom 4 centimeters up onto the strut body. However, it is too low for me. This is my first lowered car and I need to get used to it before I go too low. Right now, the tire is tucked about a quarter inch. I need to know how high I am able to put it before I start to lose structural integrity. In other words, what is the least amount that the bottom can be threaded onto the body? I want to raise it another inch but I don't know if I can. Thank you for any help!

finch13

Reaction score
You need to have ALL of the threads on the collar(s) meshed with the threads on the coilover. Otherewise, you can go as high or low as you want.

Accord281

Reaction score
You need to have ALL of the threads on the collar(s) meshed with the threads on the coilover. Otherewise, you can go as high or low as you want.

I am referring to the red sleeve part. The collars are all the way on. I need to figure out how far I have to thread the lower part of the shock up onto the coilover. Is there a minimum that that needs to be threaded?

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
if you put the sleeve that far down, as in raised the car that high, youd be close to, if not, stock height and would therefore be pointless. just lower the sleeve to where you think itd be a good height, see how it looks, and if you want it higher or lower, readjust.

Accord281

Reaction score
Ok after readjusting I have the sleeve threaded a half inch up onto the body. Is this enough thread to maintain structural integrity?

Accord281

Reaction score
yes it wont mess ur car up unless ur dropped like crazyly 4 inches or something haha. :p

i'm referring to the strut. I just want to make sure that a half inch of threading will keep the strut from snapping or something.

finch13

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about snapping, I just don't think it's a good idea to have a ton of force on a little bit of thread. Easier to just shear them right off.

Accord281

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about snapping, I just don't think it's a good idea to have a ton of force on a little bit of thread. Easier to just shear them right off.

yeah that's what I'm worried about :skurred: I left my stock wheels on for now so i may have to lower it down anyway when I put the rims on. I think more gap will show with them.

A little off topic, but I put my tl sway bar and moog end links in 2 weeks ago and when I saw them yesterday, they were so rusted that they looked like they had been on the car for 10 years! Goddamn, salt is bad for cars!

finch13

Reaction score
Haha yes sir! Mine were rusted 2 weeks after as well, and that was before the snow. It's thin rust now though, like the rust on rotors after a car wash kind of rust. I got them off no prob.

Back