LOOK: Rear Caliper Shim Bracket Broken

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Quick question about this bracket from a rear caliper. One of the metal edges broke off (top left of pic) and I am wondering if it is ok like it is, or if I need to purchase a new bracket because of this one small issue:

img6837x.jpg

Working on them as I type, so a quick response would be appreciated. Thank you.

- Nikita

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
call up your nearest auto parts store and ask if they offer any? i'm 98% sure you can get them from honda/tas but that doesn't help when the car's apart.

i would think the pad would catch on that edge :thinking:

finch13

Reaction score
The pad will probably catch... see if Napa offers a caliper hardware kit... they should.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick advice guys! I'm wondering if the pad will catch or not, because the pads slide on a similar rail, but it is on the bracket itself. This broken piece is in the caliper, not the bracket on which the pads slide. I'll check NAPA, any further ideas input appreciated.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Also, I called another store and they didn't have them either. They said that I could order it from Honda.. not sure what part number it is.

I guess I could also get one from the salvage yard, but Accords are rare up here - usually when I find one I jump one it immediately.

The store rep also said that the broken bracket holds the pad down and prevents chatter. It does not actually guide the pad, so there is no chance of it messing up - the guidance rail is on the brake bracket. This only holds the pad down so it doesn't chatter.

Guess I need to start looking. What fking bull**** - small *** stupid piece of sh*t metal clip.

/end.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Why dont you just fab your own out of a peice of sheet metal? Thats what Id do...Get a small peice of thin sheet metal, make a few measurements. Use a cutter and do your best. Doesnt have to be "perfect"

Or you can go to the junk yard.

keychain

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you can buy that piece. It should come part of a brake/caliper hardware kit. When I order new front pads they came with all new shims, one looked exactly like that one, but just for the front. So I'm pretty sure you should be able to get them for the rear as well.

Back