CEL wont turn off!!!

Eclipse99fwb

Reaction score
You more than likely have a blown fuse for the heater circuit. If the wires were ripped off, there is a good chance the wires shorted out.

Good advice one the master techs i workex with said to check your fuses along with the harness. Let me know what year ur accord is, and what motor you have and ill check at work where it is.

DBO867

Reaction score
Good advice one the master techs i workex with said to check your fuses along with the harness. Let me know what year ur accord is, and what motor you have and ill check at work where it is.

mine is a 98 lx, i believe its the f23a1 motor

Eclipse99fwb

Reaction score
Check your cruise control fuse should be a 15amp replace even if it doesnt look blown. Disconnect your battery to reset you ecu. If the fuse isnt the issue its going to be the o2 wire harness which is what i suspect is the issue or the ecu. But try the fuse first, second replace your harness if the fuse doesnt work, if neither fixes it your ecu will need to be replaced. Hope this helps you out.

DBO867

Reaction score
Check your cruise control fuse should be a 15amp replace even if it doesnt look blown. Disconnect your battery to reset you ecu. If the fuse isnt the issue its going to be the o2 wire harness which is what i suspect is the issue or the ecu. But try the fuse first, second replace your harness if the fuse doesnt work, if neither fixes it your ecu will need to be replaced. Hope this helps you out.

So i replaced the fuse, dsconnect and reconnect the battery, cel still lit up. I found a site that showed me how to test the heater circuit, found out its not getting ground. So it has a open circuit somewhere in the wire. Im going to test the ecu harness connection next, gotta wait til evening though, the cali summer is starting to burn

Back