What Gives?? A tiny clock light bulb can do this?!

SlyBlackWolf

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I am trying to get this damn thing figured out. Here's what I did...

I disconnected my battery, got my digital clock out and inserted my bulb.

Left the clock hanging so I can make sure it will work or not, re connected the battery and the clock bulb did not work. The strange thing? It's not blown. So, with the battery connected still, I tried to see if I can adjust the bulb, it came on and then my whole cluster want off along with the bulb going out.

When starting up the car, either just on, or engine on, all the lights are suppose to come one, SRS, ABS, Doors open, trunk, break light, Oil, Engine Check light, maintenance, immobilizer, battery, etc. After the adjustments with the bulb, all I get is: battery and immobilizer. The Accord starts fine, it drives, signals and brakes works, horn, and all. Not all the lights that I need that must work.

What could it be??

1. ECU?

2. Fuse?

3. clock mother board is bad? or the whole clock part itself? Hazard lights works fine when pressed...

4. Electric wiring issue some where?

5. Is my Accord nuts?

I need help... :think: :wtf: :eh:

james'99

Reaction score
Start with all fuses. The fuses that would concern me most are anything with pertinence to lights and or back-up fuses. Check them in all three locations. Passenger and Driver door and under hood.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
It kinda sounds like you may have shorted the clock bulb, the clock light is off the same power source as the instrument cluster. The same fuse. If you replaced it, then they all died...check it.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
nope, google does :p

76705d1255219668-my-dash-lights-wont-work-fuses.jpg

Driver, #9

IB your reverse lights also don't work...

Replace? huh? see car-part.com if you need another...

SlyBlackWolf

Reaction score
nope, google does :p

76705d1255219668-my-dash-lights-wont-work-fuses.jpg

Driver, #9

IB your reverse lights also don't work...

Replace? huh? see car-part.com if you need another...

Okay, ATM chips right? I'm trying to decide if I should replace the clock just to be safe than sorry. Because if that's shorting out the fuses, would it be likely it'll do it again? And that's right my reverse lights do not work, not even my windows or moon roof. -__-

SlyBlackWolf

Reaction score
Here's what I've done:

Checked all the fuses. Found one and replaced it. Then re did the clock bulb light and it worked.

Which was a great way to save money.

xci.ed6, I want to thank you for sparing time to help an Accord owner with questions and support.

You're awesome!! :angels25: :thumbsup:

Back