*UPDATE 6/1/15* Jordan's 2K1 Accord Coupe EX-L (56k)

blackhawksfan18

Reaction score
Re: *HAPPY NEW YEAR UPDATE 1/5/15* Jordan's 2K1 Accord Coupe EX (56k)

I've been wanting to led swap my hvac and guage cluster. On Amazon I bought 10 194 wedge bulbs for like $7 shipped and they still work great a year later.
Nice. For the HVAC I know there is a soldering option but even though I can solder (not well haha) I discovered that just a bulb swap will do the job. So I'll be happy with that.

blackhawksfan18

Reaction score

Guys, I'm on the fence about either doing white or red LEDs in the HVAC unit. I'm for sure doing the red cluster and clock but don't know if I should do red hvac to keep the color theme. Opinions?

bairdandrew77

Reaction score

I think red would flow better, mainly cause the others are already going to be red too

blackhawksfan18

Reaction score

New pics added to first page. Havent updated them in a while!

blackhawksfan18

Reaction score

:bump: just ordered my red cluster, odo, clock and hvac leds from SBL. Total was close to $40. I call this my treat to myself after having surgery today hahaha stay tuned guys!

blackhawksfan18

Reaction score

Installed my PrecisionLED 8000K interior kit today. Wow, I love how these look! Picture doesn't do a justice.
Screenshot_2015-02-27-21-52-29_zpsxdfq9wzv.png

Also, I'm having a bit of trouble in regards to installing my red ones; in particular the clock. I installed the bulb the correct way (after numerous amounts of swearing and frustration) but when I drove the car tonight, the clock is lit up red but VERY dimly. When I say dimly, believe me.. You could barely make out the red but if you look at it hard enough you can see the red. The numbers obviously don't show up, so I'm wondering if I did something during the installation or if there is in fact something I DIDN'T do during the process. Enjoy the bump and any insight on this new LED problem is appreciated, thanks guys :thumbsup: I'll try to get better pics when everything is in.

Jordan_H

Reaction score
Re: *UPDATE 2/27/15* Jordan's 2K1 Accord Coupe EX-L (56k)

I love my white Leds. Looks good. As for the clock did you remove the blue filter thing? Try that and if that doesn't work do the foil trick

blackhawksfan18

Reaction score

20150228_105828_zpse467gujb.jpg

20150228_105832_zpsnoeuvh2w.jpg

Finally got my red ones installed just a minute ago. But as you can see, I have a few problems. First off is the odometer and temperature gauge. I bought these (https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...bulb-high-power-instrument-panel-led/709/971/) for the odo and temp gauge but when I went to go put them in they wouldn't fit in the holes. So, I compared the OEM bulb and the LED and they pretty much identical. Second, is the clock, in this picture it isn't lighting up at all, but yesterday it did VERY dimly. So dim you had to focus really hard to see the red so I don't know how to fix that. Lastly, my blower knob has no light because I bought the wrong #74 for that socket. That is something I can deal with for a while because I don't really care but as for the odo, temp and clock those are kind of a big deal. How can I fix this?

Varnell

Reaction score

The clock light was fine in my sedan and very dim in my coupe. Then it started to flicker with my music. I just gave up on it and prefer to look at the time on my headunit.

I also had an issue with the temp gauge not illuminating enough in my i4 since the hole is smaller. They're supposed to fit a bigger one in the v6 cluster.

You need the same size LED for the temp gauge and odometer.

blackhawksfan18

Reaction score

The clock light was fine in my sedan and very dim in my coupe. Then it started to flicker with my music. I just gave up on it and prefer to look at the time on my headunit.

I also had an issue with the temp gauge not illuminating enough in my i4 since the hole is smaller. They're supposed to fit a bigger one in the v6 cluster.

You need the same size LED for the temp gauge and odometer.
https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...bulb-high-power-instrument-panel-led/709/971/ This is what I bought for the temp/odo. I found a thread about LED clusters and found that SSMNVCG3 bought these same exact ones for his cluster.

Back